VCDS “ERROR: Services not supported in active session".

ld14

Hey everyone,

I've been on the Forum for a few weeks now whilst toying with the idea of buying a T6.... a few weeks later and I now own a T6. Woo!

With all of my vehicles I like to have control over the diagnostics and decided to purchase a cable,

I downloaded the latest version of VCDS. The van (T6 2017) connects fine and I am able to read / clear faults. However, when I go to run a DPF Forced regen I get an error message "ERROR: Services not supported in active session".
I also get the same error when attempting to access other procedures within the Engine Control Module too, not just the DPF Regen.
I then tried the Security Access and I was prompted with "Controller refused to send a seed! Error 7F: Service not supported in active session".

Fortunately I do not NEED to do a Static Regen as my soot content is at 16grams as this info does display, but going forward it would be nice to know I have full access on the software.

Has anyone faced this problem before and can share some info?

I bought it from the Market Place via FaceBook, It looks like a genuine one however my guess would be it is not. Is there any way of telling?

Download the latest version of VCDS.

Post a few detailed pic of the cable..

And the VCDS info page in the software will tell you if its genuine cable.

I’ve never been able to do a forced regen with a genuine vcds cable on my old T6 so your not alone

Download the latest version of VCDS.

Post a few detailed pic of the cable..

And the VCDS info page in the software will tell you if its genuine cable.

Thank you for your reply, after a careful look I would guess the cable is not genuine. Although its not your usual eBay blue one.

Please see attached.

IMG_5271.jpg

IMG_5270.jpg

IMG_5269.jpg

VCDS.png

I had problems with it starting process it’s something to do with door think it needs to be open (might be closed can’t remember), must be a safety function

I had problems with it starting process it’s something to do with door think it needs to be open (might be closed can’t remember), must be a safety function

Interesting, I have seen similar threads about having the bonnet open too. I did try that however with no success.

Was a while ago think bonnet may have been open too? Can’t remember but there is definitely a process for safety

Many thanks everyone, I tried with all doors closed and no different. I thought I would see if I had the same problem on another Vehicle and as it turns out it works completely fine on a 2016 Golf! I think I will have to try with another cable.

Did you manage to make the cable work? I have the same problem with my cable. I can read faults and change some things but nothing within the engine module.

I did some changes the other day on a 6.1 and vcds came up with the message stating that the latest modules have a firewall that is activated and the bonnet must be open to allow programming.

Did you manage to make the cable work? I have the same problem with my cable. I can read faults and change some things but nothing within the engine module.

I am afraid the cable never did work, I put it down down to a cheap replica cable being used. I also tried programming with the bonnet open but I had no success.

I did not solve the problem I am afraid, It was a non genuine cable which may have been the cause. I gave up. My Delphi diag does everything I need to do anyhow.

Back