VB Air fitted

It got a firmware update a couple of months ago, which did fix the spurious voltage warning beeping. We still often get a long continuous beep when pulling off though, do you get this? It doesn’t flash any service codes whilst doing it so it doesn’t appear to be complaining about anything in particular.

I have no unexpected beeps on mine so far - but it did come with the latest, just released handset.

I suppose you all will want a photo now...

The controller is not wireless, so in that respect is the same as the previous one.

One aspect I have noticed, is how solid the van feels when parked. Initially, I thought it was just because I had it fully lowered when parked, but now the novelty of that is wearing off, I'm finding it is still rock solid when parked, as if the suspension is actually locked.

Last night was my first night in the van since the VB Air was fitted, and I parked in one of my usual spots that I thought was quite level. I was surprised how much movement there was when the auto-level was engaged. but once set, it felt solid with no rocking from movement inside the van etc.

The only issue I might have, is that I think that the LED headlights are now a bit high...? But seeing as they are supposed to auto-adjust, I can't see how the suspension might have affected them?

The controller is not wireless, so in that respect is the same as the previous one.

One aspect I have noticed, is how solid the van feels when parked. Initially, I thought it was just because I had it fully lowered when parked, but now the novelty of that is wearing off, I'm finding it is still rock solid when parked, as if the suspension is actually locked.

Last night was my first night in the van since the VB Air was fitted, and I parked in one of my usual spots that I thought was quite level. I was surprised how much movement there was when the auto-level was engaged. but once set, it felt solid with no rocking from movement inside the van etc.

The only issue I might have, is that I think that the LED headlights are now a bit high...? But seeing as they are supposed to auto-adjust, I can't see how the suspension might have affected them?
Awsome I am a little like you in the respect that I’ve only driven my van a few times since fitting the vb air I also noticed that when in car park mode just driving really slowly any bump at all you really notice ! And as you said feels like it’s rock solid , hence why you shouldn’t be driving in this mode , I’ve not had the privilege of using the self level to camp as I’m still converting the van but looking forward to it :thumbsup:

The lights should still self level regardless.

The lights should still self level regardless.

I think there might be some interaction with the VB system though because when I booked our install, they specifically asked whether we had LED lights - they seemed to think the install was more work with LED lights.

I think there might be some interaction with the VB system though because when I booked our install, they specifically asked whether we had LED lights - they seemed to think the install was more work with LED lights.
I think (but I could be wrong) that’s to do with the sensors between the body & the suspension. The LEDs have arms with variable resistors between the body & the suspension arms, which tell the lights how the body is sitting. The VB uses a similar system, so they have to be mounted so as not to interfere with each other. Be worth checking that the OEM led sensors haven’t been compromised.

I have been having this issue with high lights been to vw who said that they are working ok but it’s not will wait till winter and take a vw tech for a drive

I have been having this issue with high lights been to vw who said that they are working ok but it’s not will wait till winter and take a vw tech for a drive
Driving last night with the VB in Sport mode, and a police van pulled up to a side road. I could clearly see how high my lights were in the broad expanse of reflective patchwork yellow/blue on the side of his van. Just as I approached him, he turned his blues & twos on. Sh*t, I thought, he's going to pull me over for my dazzling lights! He didn't, but it just shows that it's at the back of my mind.
I also tried the VB in standard height, and it seemed as if the lights were not so extreme in that mode.

I've been in touch with Exploria (who fitted the VB Air), and they reckon it's just the headlight axle level sensor that requires adjusting, and that it is a 20 minute job (plus the 2 hours to drive there & back!). Hopefully I'll be able to pop in on the way past at some point, because I seem to have spent enough time there recently, and I don't want to lose yet another day.

Yeah had mine fitted a week now! I’m pleased with it but having the same problem with the headlights. When i took van in i did my homework and told them before that some people are having problems with the headlights and they said no problem as we mark the position of headlights as it comes in as for no change?
I’m getting flashed most of the time now of a night since vb install?
Im confused why this is happening as already made them aware and paying all that money you would think it would be right?
Is it a quick fix and could any garage do it as don’t really like Shaun fancy a four drive there and back?
Also Shaun i noticed you said you was going to put 25 mm spacers on, I’m a bit green and wondering what this will do to the van?

I eventually took mine back, and Exploria tweaked the headlight alignment - didn’t say anything about axle sensors this time. To make sure the alignment was OK, they offered to take it to a local garage with the appropriate measuring equipment and reported that it was a bit high, but within allowances. However, they did adjust it down at my request, to be pretty much exact. Since then the alignment seems fine, and I can’t really notice any difference between sport mode and standard mode so I am happy with the result.

I am a bit unsure why the automatic headlight adjustment didn’t compensate as I thought that was what it did?

I fitted the 25mm wheel spaces pretty much straight away. They move the standard Devonport wheels out a bit, so they don’t look “sunk” under the bodywork. Looks much better IMHO. The H&R spacers I used bolt to the hub and come with new bolts for the wheels (so I lost my OEM security wheel bolts).
One concern I’ve since had involves the purchase of summer alloys. I would rather not remove the spacer twice a year so I will need to make sure that the offset of any new alloys is compatible with that additional 25mm of the spacers without pushing the wheels out too far.

Back