VB Air fitted

Shaun Witts

Ski Bus
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Got my van back today after having VB Air installed by Exploria. The 1 hour drive home was enough to convince me of the merits, the ride is soooo much smoother than the standard T32 suspension.

Of course, being VW approved, it doesn’t go that low, and the lowest for normal driving is just 2 or 2.5cm lower than standard (Sport Mode). But when static it seems to go reasonably low.

Lowest:
7100E707-20D1-4AC2-A354-6D608FABA479.jpeg

Highest:
D7D5ABB1-FD68-42BE-9C07-A2EF4545C765.jpeg

Next I’m fitting 25mm wheel spacers all round.

Just out of curiosity - where do they mount the tank and the controls? Have you got any photos of them?

Nice I’m booked in with Rosmia to do mine.
What did you do with your old suspension? Is it worth trying to sell it?

Just out of curiosity - where do they mount the tank and the controls? Have you got any photos of them?
The tank is at the inside of the NSR wheel. The compressor is beneath the floor pan under the passenger seat. My remote control is in the storage bin on the outside of the drivers seat base.

It’s a good system, auto-level is excellent. The only slightly annoying thing is the handset is a bit ‘talkative’ - tends to beep at you a bit for no good reason, especially with start-stop or when pulling off.

It’s a good system, auto-level is excellent. The only slightly annoying thing is the handset is a bit ‘talkative’ - tends to beep at you a bit for no good reason, especially with start-stop or when pulling off.
Yes il agree with this ! I may rip the speaker out of the handset as it drives me mad

Anyone have a rough cost for the approved Air on a 4Motion T32 LWB? Might be beyond me but sounds good.

There’s a firmware update to cure this, see your dealer.

It got a firmware update a couple of months ago, which did fix the spurious voltage warning beeping. We still often get a long continuous beep when pulling off though, do you get this? It doesn’t flash any service codes whilst doing it so it doesn’t appear to be complaining about anything in particular.

T6 pro there is away to make go lower and lone wolf they use the t6 dampers and replace the springs with air

My Oem dampers sitting in garage at home after vb fitted...they are not required...
Same here, upon collecting my newly converted van c/w VB air, I was presented with a hefty box containing a complete set of T32 suspension parts, 2 front struts, rear springs & dampers. They are in the “it’ll come in handy one day” section of the garage.

I sold my T28 suspension system on eBay after VB air was fitted. Didn’t get a huge amount for it of course, but I don’t have to store it!

I sold my T28 suspension system on eBay after VB air was fitted. Didn’t get a huge amount for it of course, but I don’t have to store it!
I have a T5/t32 so I’m saving the parts in case I need them as spares for that. Otherwise I’d get rid too.:thumbsup:

Back