Various questions

Tommy

T6 Guru
Just in the process of sorting a van out and was looking at going down the factory order route but thats going to take quite a while by the look of things so contemplating a cancelled order or pre reg etc. I've seen a couple that aren't a million miles away, one item I want is heated seats so question is can heated seats be fitted after and if so is it a cost effective option

Thanks in advance

Yes, they can be retrofitted. You can go down the OEM route and change out your heater panel, add the controller and loom and place the pads underneath the seat skin, or you can buy aftermarket kits that have a simple switch that affixes somewhere to the seat itself.
The aftermarket kit will naturally work out cheaper.
Click on the heated seats tag for more reading / pricing ideas.

Thanks Ads-Essex

Also does anyone have experience with electric doors and tailgate, are they reliable (especially in cold winter), safe say if you have an accident or are power latching doors better idea

Again thanks in advance

Thanks Ads-Essex

Also does anyone have experience with electric doors and tailgate, are they reliable (especially in cold winter), safe say if you have an accident or are power latching doors better idea

Again thanks in advance
My power-latching slider and tailgate has been fine, but naturally people have reported problems. See this tag

Hi all, I need to decide either power latching or electric doors. I know its down to personal choices but can't seem to decide which

I have electric doors both sides. So much easier than having to slam them shut and quieter should anyone be dozing in the van @Tommy

Good point, its just in the back of my mind though over longevity and reliability over time. Maybe I'm thinking too much

Yeah stop thinking, let your heart rules your head @Tommy.
Also great to show off when opening them via the key fob :sneaky:

Another question please, I you have a van that has front bench seat is there an issue with putting a single front seat in, with regards to the 2 airbags and a single seat now positioned in the middle

Another question please, I you have a van that has front bench seat is there an issue with putting a single front seat in, with regards to the 2 airbags and a single seat now positioned in the middle
Lots of people swap out the double seat for a single (usually captain’s seat eg armrests!)

You should be OK keeping the double airbag with a single seat, but I wouldn't want to go from single to double and keep a single airbag.

Back