Van-X

Super dub

Hi, thanks for reading this.
I have just got myself a new T6, bought a hi-gloss black glove box and side air vents from van x back in May. On fitting the vent there was a very small plastic part missing from the drivers air vent, so when you move the vents, the top one fell out.
I contacted van x and I have been basically bull-shitted by the manager since the end off May, out stock, got to wait three months, then told wouldn't get until December, still nothing .
Please don't bother, I don't want anyone to get shafted by this cowboy company, it cost me nearly £140.
I sent them an email and I will be contacting Trading Standards.
The items look great on line but you get it try fit it. I'll have more chance in getting my camper conversion finished before this company stops telling lies.
To add to the insult the manager promised me brand new updated glove box wot a joke!

**Edited for readability by @Loz***

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting first post. Is that it, or are you going to introduce yerself?
Ye sorry mate mark from Norwich this is very new to me not the best on computers finding my way round this site really angry over van x just want worn other vw owners don't want them to get ripped off think I might have gone in the wrong part to put the message out lol

Ok mate may be not but give someone your hard earned money nearly 7 months ago for item and told severely times they going to replace it and they haven't is that not a lie .I just like to pass on to other people not to part with money to Company with not high standards take it you are offended really sorry Pete but thanks for your reply

Sadly there are some none-genuine parts, and genuine parts that are not that great, including the quality of the parts you mention above, which has been reported here before, but the alternative is a lot more money.
Van-X do some popular parts, and it's rare to see any issues with their customer service, but I get that it can be a little frustrating when you pay your money and don't get what you pay for.

Welcome to the forum @Super dub, hopefully your issue will get sorted soon, and you can get back to the bigger frustration of choosing wheels, tyre ratings, suspension, splitters, re-maps, interiors, and all the other common frustrations that wear out the 'Search' box. :thumbsup:

Are you so right mate I have done camper convertion on t4 and done up a caddy with all the trims and fixings and wheels This my third one and the first time used van x be OK if they replaced part as they said they would t6 is in work shop just had pop up roof done Steve at dub motion in Norfolk great chap to deal with shame van x not same glove box look nice fitted just one vent no good due to failed product in the factory like to know if anyone else had same problem well sent them another email see what happens

Ok mate may be not but give someone your hard earned money nearly 7 months ago for item and told severely times they going to replace it and they haven't is that not a lie .I just like to pass on to other people not to part with money to Company with not high standards take it you are offended really sorry Pete but thanks for your reply

Not offended in the slightest. All the best.

Pete

Roll on the summer spend some quality time out in the sun In the camper have great Christmas Pete
Maybe sit on this for a few weeks and see if they are part of the traders at camper Mart and armed with your emails see if you can get and exchange on stand?.

Is it just me that can't understand your writing..? Spelling mistakes, poor grammar & no full stops or commas etc. Basically, you bought an air vent, fitted it, something missing and Van-X said out of stock until May..? Dispute occurs and they offer something as a peace maker gift..? Would that correct..?

As someone said earlier, I'm not convinced that such strong language on an open forum is the wisest way to achieve your aim, which I I think is telling others don't buy from Van-X as you think they are 'Cowboys' but I've got nothing to add either way. I've never had a problem with them or anything I've bought.

I bought a "Comfort dash" from VanX and although I had a few issues, "Razor" was always apologetic and helpful.

Wills cheers mate it was a fault in the moulding a very small part missing which holds the top air vent in

Back