Van X Non Screw Awning Rail

Carbon13

T6 Pro
Has anyone fitted and used the non screw, stick it with Tiger Seal, Van-X awning rail ? Having seen my local bodyshop repairing rot under a screwed awning rail during a respray I'm still of a mind sticking one on is the best option long term ? The roof rack fitted version under the pop top still isn't available for the T6 afaik or I'd have that in a shot.

For the bonded ones to work well you need to put a strong adhesion primer on like windscreen primer, I’ve got and under pop top rail on a lwb what sort are you after

For the bonded ones to work well you need to put a strong adhesion primer on like windscreen primer, I’ve got and under pop top rail on a lwb what sort are you after
Under Austop rail, the only under poptop is glue and screw from CamperEssentials, their bolt on version doesn't work with the latest Austops roof, which do you have ?

Has anyone fitted and used the non screw, stick it with Tiger Seal, Van-X awning rail ? Having seen my local bodyshop repairing rot under a screwed awning rail during a respray I'm still of a mind sticking one on is the best option long term ? The roof rack fitted version under the pop top still isn't available for the T6 afaik or I'd have that in a shot.

I bonded a stitches+steel awning rail onto my van. Works fine. Held my awning up in some pretty damn strong winds.

Under Austop rail, the only under poptop is glue and screw from CamperEssentials, their bolt on version doesn't work with the latest Austops roof, which do you have ?
I have one I got from eBay it’s great really tight to body line

Thanks I'll see where that takes me :)
I don’t know if this will help but they sell a lot of different sort of rails.We’ve got a basic one that screws in to the boltholes. It’s Well made.

What's the best adhesive to use for these? The read end piece has come off mine so need to get something that will work.
I've heard talk of a marine adhesive but can't remember the name. Makes sense as it will be fully waterproof.

Mines been on for a couple of years- a Reimo Multi rail. This was preshaped and fitted like a glove. I "saved" £30 and got one from another manufacturer which was not pre shaped and it pulled out after 12 months and cost me £500 to put right! :mad: I don't know whether you are buying a multi rail or the one that sits in the gutter, but if it's the one in the gutter, they are just ordinary caravan rails. I put one on a Trafic van and it cost me £12! Don't be fooled into thinking the other gutter ones are something special as they aren't.

Nah, I've got a Reimo rail and the back end piece has come off. Need to find something a bit better than 3M double sided to stick it back again

I bonded a stitches+steel awning rail onto my van. Works fine. Held my awning up in some pretty damn strong winds.
Hi mate. I have just bought an S+S multirail and I'm looking to bond it on and not use screws. Can you give any tips or info as to how you did it? The rail is flat and straight and it looks like the screws help to form it to the van. Did you bend the rail first and if so how did you do it? Also, how did you keep the rail clamped to the van whilst the adhesive went off? Cheers.

Back