Van wont be home for Christmas Advice needed.

ma77y

VIP Member
T6 Guru
After someone tried driving through my van to make their exit to the motorway my van went into the bodyshop on 19th November.

2nd of December I went to collect it and to my disappointment the van repair was really bad so they said they'd to it again.

Today they phoned me and said that they're unable to do the repair to a satisfactory standard and are now having to put a whole new side panel in o_O. They said that they will be doing a new estimate and sending it to the third parties insurance engineers for approval.

Need some advice on what could happen next? Could the insurance company refuse or write the van off? (Bearing in mind they've already paid 4k for the initial repair) And If it is written off do I have the opportunity to buy it back?

First time I've been in this situation and I'm worried I'm going to be worse off.

Cheers

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
I've had a new side on my van....

AFAIK to be written off the cost of parts & labour has to exceed the book value of the vehicle.
If I were in your situation I‘d be pleased with getting new panels rather than beaten out dents and filler.

You haven't said what model or year the van is?

What's it valued at?

68 reg T30 102 LWB Highline 87k full mdsh, we bought the van peak craziness

AFAIK to be written off the cost of parts & labour has to exceed the book value of the vehicle.
If I were in your situation I‘d be pleased with getting new panels rather than beaten out dents and filler.
I'm over the moon I'm getting a new panel mate, gutted because I've got to sound deaden the new one :slow rofl:

Also thankful the boss ordered me to work on the house instead of my van as I'd have to do a lot more twice!

You haven't said what model or year the van is?

What's it valued at?
Parkers says 21k private sale

Just read your post 12.5k For the repair, wow!

Last edited:
Reactions: DXX
Hi my van has had the same problem
someone didnt see me and tried driving through my van,
when the van was looked at ,the crash centre said no way on earth would the van be a wite off,
so would of thought your van would not be written off
mines a kombi dsg 2017 year

Back