Van from Hell

Are we talking about the in-tank fuel pump? Could it be related to your recent close encounter with a bollard?

is that smoke from an electrical something? - that looks very worrying?

For sure doesn’t look right. Maybe rats chewing cables somewhere? It doesn’t smell burnt at all.
I’ll leave the cats overnight in the garage and see if they catch any.

Are we talking about the in-tank fuel pump? Could it be related to your recent close encounter with a bollard?

I have asked the garage the same question but the fuel pressure regulator is at the common rail in the engine bay. And it will take 7 days at least to get the part from Germany. What a joke…
I have asked them to quote me to replace the cover underneath and they said not to be other cause it’s just aesthetic, no damage under the cover. I just don’t want my van to look S…t. They just can’t see the value in spending money to replace them… probably they can’t charge more than 10 min work to replace them when the van is already on the ramp?
Usually at this garage they are very good… maybe they are having just a bad week…

Reactions: Bav
...it will take 7 days at least to get the part from Germany. What a joke…
You think that's bad, I've had a fuel pressure sensor and an in-tank fuel pump on backorder from Ford for 6 and 3 months respectively. There's no sign of either so have given up and arranged to scrap the bloody car.

My eyes are playing up today but from what I can see that looks like steam from the screen blower (and if it doesn’t smell that makes me think it’s steam). Could it be something as simple as water in the air duct somehow, from jet washing too near the scuttle? A wet cabin filter maybe. Only other thought along those lines would be heater matrix… has yours got the dreaded silca sachet in the expansion vessel and is it still all there? Although would that cause a leak and this misting - not sure, generally just blocks it I thought.

Back