Trouble ahead?

Bav

Explore, discover, enjoy, repeat...
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Over the past 12 months, my shit-box 100k Mondeo has broken down a couple of times - first time I needed a single new fuel injector, a new fuel pump and an oil change; second time I needed 2 new fuel injectors (but also had a 3rd replace, so all injectors are <12 months/6000 miles old) and an oil change.

Both times, the first indication of a problem was a hesitation when starting - not much, just cranking for maybe an extra half second before firing-up.

Although the engine now seems to be running sweetly and pulling as strongly as it ever has, I've noticed that the hesitation is back. Should I be concerned? Is there any other potential culprits for the hesitation that I should get looked at?

TIA from a non-mechanically-minded bod.

Thanks @Pete C.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it possible that a dodgy cam/crank sensor was the cause of the previous injectors failing (and, by extension, could cause the new injectors to fail) or is the current hesitation likely just to be a coincidental symptom?

In simple terms, unlikely and probably coincidental.
I'm no expert on Mondeo's but cam/crank sensor issues are a common cause of your symptoms on higher mileage cars.
It could also be another fuelling issue.

Pete

Back