Van floor - which thickness of ply?

Gary_M

VIP Member
Van floor - I’m in the process of fitting Dodomat DEADN 2mm to the floor which will then be covered with Dodo Thermoliner 6mm.
I‘ll then ply the top, would a 9mm hardwood ply be sufficient? That should raise the floor by 17mm and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen an aftermarket side step with a 17mm raise.
This will be my first attempt at a ‘conversion’ so any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Most people use 12mm ply.
I have used 9 mm in mine and there have been no issues. In fact, due to my u-shaped seating I have more floor space to walk on and it’s perfectly fine for two adults to walk around in.
For me it worked with the step height, but also was a bit of a weight saving.
I have also done the floor with dodo hex and then the thermolined on the top.
Been down 3 years so I’d know by now if it didn’t work.
I have the largest piece of ply covering the floor area from the side door so there are no joins in the walking area. There is a piece runs the length of the van on the driver’s side and a piece across the rear.

Most people use 12mm ply.
I have used 9 mm in mine and there have been no issues. In fact, due to my u-shaped seating I have more floor space to walk on and it’s perfectly fine for two adults to walk around in.
For me it worked with the step height, but also was a bit of a weight saving.
I have also done the floor with dodo hex and then the thermolined on the top.
Been down 3 years so I’d know by now if it didn’t work.
I have the largest piece of ply covering the floor area from the side door so there are no joins in the walking area. There is a piece runs the length of the van on the driver’s side and a piece across the rear.
Thanks very much, that’s great to read

Back