Van Awning

The beauty of our awning is its a drive away, so if we want to pop off for some shopping etc we can leave it set up. You can't do that with a Fiamma Privacy Room so it would seem to me to not be as versatile. The only benefit I can see is if you just want to roll out the top awning for a bit of cover whilst sitting outside.
I've not been out since I had this Fiamma fitted but on previous vans we often used to wind it out unsupported 18" or so just to keep the rain out of the open slide door - very handy. Just for clarity the
Bondo Low that Dave linked to isnt a drive away either :)
Vango said:
This awning is unable to be left free-standing, requiring the support of your campervan when pitched.
Cheers
Phil

I've not been out since I had this Fiamma fitted but on previous vans we often used to wind it out unsupported 18" or so just to keep the rain out of the open slide door - very handy. Just for clarity the Bondo Low that Dave linked to isnt a drive away either :)

Cheers
Phil
Yep - read in the description that it’s unsupported and not a driveaway - just offering up as a cheaper alternative to the Fiamma awning rooms we’d been discussing.

We had a driveaway awning for a couple of years but found we were never doing driveaways with it and also never taking it unless we were staying more than 3 nights. On the other hand, our Fiamma F45s is used pretty much every time we go away in the van - the idea of the Privacy Room for us was to build on this and give us a space that we could partially heat using the Eberspacher in the van - this is why we went for the heavyweight one but, had we seen the size and weight of the pack beforehand we might not have bothered - once we have used in anger I will put a detailed review on here:)

Back