Vamoose Combi Rail (multirail)

widu13

Retired Bobby
T6 Guru
Does anyone know how these hold up long term? They are significantly cheaper at £150 delivered. Is the rail anodised or painted. @xpfloyd had one last year and I'm just wondering if anyone has any feedback? Cheers.

Mine is spot on. It’s aluminium with a black finish so I guess anodised? Might be painted it’s hard to tell but nothing has chipped off or scraped and the finish is nice. The only issue I had was that the rubber end piece at the rear came off as the sika didn’t get a good bond so I need to put that back on at one point. The rubber front piece is solid. I think I must have not cleaned it properly before install. Would highly recommend though

Thinking about getting one of these are you still feeling good about it ? They look the same right but are cheaper !?

Hi thinking of one of these does anyone know if a 6mm to 6mm kador is the correct size for attaching awning.

Thanks Alex.

6mm is correct. FYI I purchased one and already have the Reimo one (I fitted both myself). If I were doing it again, I would spend the extra few £s on the Reimo.

HI thanks for the reply I was told that the rail could take up to 8mm which I could not understand as a 6mm would I think pull out.
Alex

6mm is correct. FYI I purchased one and already have the Reimo one (I fitted both myself). If I were doing it again, I would spend the extra few £s on the Reimo.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the pros & cons between these and the REIMO version. I've only ever used the REIMO ones.

Thanks,

Rod

Had a vamoose one on my old T4 for 4 years or so. Quality seemed good.

Mine is spot on. It’s aluminium with a black finish so I guess anodised? Might be painted it’s hard to tell but nothing has chipped off or scraped and the finish is nice. The only issue I had was that the rubber end piece at the rear came off as the sika didn’t get a good bond so I need to put that back on at one point. The rubber front piece is solid. I think I must have not cleaned it properly before install. Would highly recommend though
Mine was professionally put on and the end bit came off first time I used it.

Mine was professionally put on and the end bit came off first time I used it.
Same here, got the parts and adhesive supplied for free and did it myself today. The professional hadn’t followed the Vamoose procedure 100%.

Same here, got the parts and adhesive supplied for free and did it myself today. The professional hadn’t followed the Vamoose procedure 100%.
Can I ask where you had the parts from please? I was going to take mine back where I had it fitted but a bit of a trek!

Can I ask where you had the parts from please? I was going to take mine back where I had it fitted but a bit of a trek!
They came from Vamoose (manufacturer) paid for by the conversion company that made the error.

Back