V8 T6.1??

tommy_t6.1

Builder
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Was out before parked up, and I saw a lovely copper bronze T6.1 approaching.
However when it drove past it sounded quite loud and sounded like a V8. It was burbling away as he let off the throttle.

Now the question is, what the hell engine or exhaust would he have fitted? It sounded lovely!

more info here:

ELECTRONIC EXHAUST HAS GOT ITS NAME AND THIS NAME IS – THOR​

Your diesel or gasoline engine doesn`t sound like a real sports car? Do you want to hear the roar of an 8-cylinder engine?

We introduce a revolutionary electronic exhaust system called THOR — just one metal-encased superpowerful loudspeaker and a mobile application will turn your vehicle into a legendary sports car. You will be the owner of a new car every new day!

1623357703005.png

1623357726453.png1623357772506.png

1623357742408.png

Before the cali I used to own a Maserati Levante 4x4, it was diesel but once you pressed the sport button the speaker system kicked in and it sounded like a proper vintage Maserati. People would often comment on how amazing the sound was, they were confused when I told them it was a diesel.

more info here:

ELECTRONIC EXHAUST HAS GOT ITS NAME AND THIS NAME IS – THOR​

Your diesel or gasoline engine doesn`t sound like a real sports car? Do you want to hear the roar of an 8-cylinder engine?

We introduce a revolutionary electronic exhaust system called THOR — just one metal-encased superpowerful loudspeaker and a mobile application will turn your vehicle into a legendary sports car. You will be the owner of a new car every new day!

View attachment 119206

View attachment 119207View attachment 119209

View attachment 119208
Wow, I've never seen an exhaust sound generator before. I've heard of, and had a sound actuator in my old Leon Cupra, but that was for engine noise. My have to research these exhaust ones a bit more!

With the onslaught of electrification we’ll all be needing them, even if only to warn pedestrians / cyclists of our otherwise (virtually) silent approach!

Takes me back to the early 90’s and max power magazine. Got to say, that is definitely not for me. If I want the sound of a burbling v8, I’ll go and buy a burbling v8, because the van will never be one.
But each to their own.

I think these are a great idea.
I love the sound of a V8 but as I can't get a V8 Transporter, I would still be happy to hear that fabulous roar whilst sat in my captain seat, even if it is imitated.
We all listen to music on our phones/stereos but we are not actually sat in front of the artist.
I'm very tempted. Tunnels and multi story car parks will become a joy to drive in.
Oh and as I have a 204, i've also got the power to pull it off.

I think these are a great idea.
I love the sound of a V8 but as I can't get a V8 Transporter, I would still be happy to hear that fabulous roar whilst sat in my captain seat, even if it is imitated.
We all listen to music on our phones/stereos but we are not actually sat in front of the artist.
I'm very tempted. Tunnels and multi story car parks will become a joy to drive in.
Oh and as I have a 204, i've also got the power to pull it off.
Your van would be just like the original batmobile with that @Lord Mfwic.

I have a sound actuator fitted with Maserati control units, I love it. We all spend a fortune making them look good with wheels, lowering kits, spoilers etc why not make it sound good?

Back