Using Cup Holder Holes To Mount Tweeters

Gobi

VIP Member
Hi, has anyone though of using those holes to mount tweeters, up firing, static pointing towards cabin or with adjustable swivel? I have these holders on my Caravelle and they are useless atm. Making these could be done with 3D printer, measure cup holder, make the design and print. Something like this (fast sketch, swivel one missing):

tweet.jpg

There are 4 small locking pins around the holder, those would have to be on the design. What you think about it?

You’ll have tweeters in the A pillars though, and they’re in a better position there for sound quality

Yeah, have them and I'm about to update both door and A pillar speakers. Still in process of choosing a good set, against are T6 ready set or a generic 2-way set.

IMO those A pillar tweeters are pretty directional, if I move my head near the steering wheel, tweeters are coming louder. That's why I thought of doing something to move them to another position.

I think a better use of those cup holders would be as phone stands - ones where the phone drops down on to the charging (CarPlay) cable / sits close enough so that it can be wirelessly charged. I know there are all sorts of sizes of phones, but you could just make the lid of the holder different sizes to suit.

Yeah, have them and I'm about to update both door and A pillar speakers. Still in process of choosing a good set, against are T6 ready set or a generic 2-way set.

IMO those A pillar tweeters are pretty directional, if I move my head near the steering wheel, tweeters are coming louder. That's why I thought of doing something to move them to another position.
Yes I moved mine when I redid my A pillar trims. I found a good way was to wire up the tweeters and play music while temporarily sticking them to the A pillar with double-sided tape in different positions. I spent quite a while experimenting until I was sure which position I liked best.

This is where mine ended up, but some have preferred the sound with them lower down. I'm putting some mids in a lower position over the winter
img_4903-jpg.26050

Back