Using 12v Jump Starter For Power

Sweet . . . .

just note @Loz comments regarding the safety aspect and insulating those jump-clamps and fusing down your supply cable as required. . . . .

================================

quote:

Sounds fine to me, but please put a fuse between your pack and your cables rated appropriately for the cable you use.
Most of those packs use EC5 connectors so you can buy them loose and make up your lead with a 6way fusebox to power water pump, lights etc..

=================================

There be a lot of power in them there jump packs . . . =]

Sweet . . . .

just note @Loz comments regarding the safety aspect and insulating those jump-clamps and fusing down your supply cable as required. . . . .

================================

quote:

Sounds fine to me, but please put a fuse between your pack and your cables rated appropriately for the cable you use.
Most of those packs use EC5 connectors so you can buy them loose and make up your lead with a 6way fusebox to power water pump, lights etc..

=================================

There be a lot of power in them there jump packs . . . =]

Yeah I've fused the positive and taken the jumps off and crimped the wires into plugs. Bad idea to just leave it on jumps.

I wonder if you could just use a small PP3 9V alkaline battery or one of the 12V alkalines to do this. it's not like your hob needs to spark all day long. :)

Back