USB C to USB adaptors

Steke

Hi
New to this as only bought a T6.1 yesterday. Didn't realise until today that the USB's in cab are USB C. Can the card insert be changed or what is the best adaptor for data transfer to use navigation and connect to apple play?
Thanks in advance

We have an amazon basic USB c to lightning cable that works well!

Edit: sorry, I just got corrected, we actually bought it in Asda.. But it still works fine for her. (I'm an android user)

As @Jlo says (or rather, as his significant other reminds him, ;)) any adaptor will work.

USB-C is becoming the preferred standard - rumour has it that Apple are also considering it (and they love their proprietary connections!) so the world may yet catch up with your new 6.1!

Congratulations on your van and welcome to the forum!

If you can buy an OEM spec USB C lead you will get a better connection. We’ve had A couple of issues with the adapters on our rental vans, maybe overuse, but I think best to minimise extra connections.
VW actually sell the leads now, and although expensive they are very strong and I’ve had mine fo nearly a year now, without breakage. Mine is an VW iPhone lead

Anker do some excellent braided cables, good price and great warranty with them. I've bought alot of their stuff from power banks to bluetooth headphones and they are solid bits of kit.

Never had an issue with their cables, two pairs of the bluetooth headsets that i've been pretty tough on they swapped out after asking a few basic questions.

Picked up two cables for the van which work great, would highly recommend them. I've also had a couple of their card readers for my photography and never had any issues.

You get a USB C to usb B adaptor with most phones now, especially the Pixels as they are usb C only.
I'm sure you can but them online too. Until your phone is replaced.Screenshot_20201124-185626.png
£6.99 for these larger ones...

We have an amazon basic USB c to lightning cable that works well!

Edit: sorry, I just got corrected, we actually bought it in Asda.. But it still works fine for her. (I'm an android user)
when you say it works fine does android auto work fully on yours ? Still trying to get mine fixed google maps works ok but click on any other app and there's no volume and the steering wheel buttons don't work which they do on the radio.

when you say it works fine does android auto work fully on yours ? Still trying to get mine fixed google maps works ok but click on any other app and there's no volume and the steering wheel buttons don't work which they do on the radio.

There is a work around for the Android Auto... VW have got a bug!

1. Put a 8-10h track on a SD card. (I made an 8h rain track)
2. Select 'Media' then play the long song from the SD card
3. Now plug your phone in, select spotify or your media player of choice and play your music.

You can play your music until the 'long track' runs out... volume works on the steering wheel but the track skip doesn't as that will move the SD card track back and forward!

EDIT: Just like to add that it takes a bit of getting used too but the media track from the SD should continue playing when you get back in your van the next morning, then you just plug your phone back in and it should load up and continue playing your 'Spotify' music that you were listening too.

There is a work around for the Android Auto... VW have got a bug!

1. Put a 8-10h track on a SD card. (I made an 8h rain track)
2. Select 'Media' then play the long song from the SD card
3. Now plug your phone in, select spotify or your media player of choice and play your music.

You can play your music until the 'long track' runs out... volume works on the steering wheel but the track skip doesn't as that will move the SD card track back and forward!

EDIT: Just like to add that it takes a bit of getting used too but the media track from the SD should continue playing when you get back in your van the next morning, then you just plug your phone back in and it should load up and continue playing your 'Spotify' music that you were listening too.

Yeah I am using an SD to do that already but I only put one song on it didn't do a long track, but it still works. Just annoying we have to do this to get it to work on a £30k vehicle.

Yeah I am using an SD to do that already but I only put one song on it didn't do a long track, but it still works. Just annoying we have to do this to get it to work on a £30k vehicle.

Totally agree! If you manage to convince your van center to flah the Golf firmware to the sterio then this works also! Shame you get the golf images with that too!

Totally agree! If you manage to convince your van center to flah the Golf firmware to the sterio then this works also! Shame you get the golf images with that too!

Yeah all I got from VW was that I'd have to wait for an update that will come one day but we don't know when.

Anker do some excellent braided cables, good price and great warranty with them. I've bought alot of their stuff from power banks to bluetooth headphones and they are solid bits of kit.

Never had an issue with their cables, two pairs of the bluetooth headsets that i've been pretty tough on they swapped out after asking a few basic questions.

Picked up two cables for the van which work great, would highly recommend them. I've also had a couple of their card readers for my photography and never had any issues.
Second Anker via Amazon, really robust kit and very well made. Great price point also.

Back