Upper cubby hole box removal...

The_Lad

T6 Guru
Hi All how do i remove the overhead tray just the inner tray bit (in red) from the overhead console?

Does it just pry out with trim tools or is it more complex? thought id ask before starting to just pull it about

Cheers
Justin IMG_0260.jpg

The rear of it is held with a screw, drop the blank cover behind it and the light fitting and you will be able to see how its held in, there is 2 screws inside light fitting that need to come out to remove the light, with light & blank out the way you will be able to see the screw

cheers Pauly so take the blank plate out from the bottom, pop the light out and its obvious, ill give it a try.

Try the light first you may not need to remove the blank I can’t temember exactly where the holding screw is located

Hi all.
The centre light on roof is creaking and driving me mental.
Any step by step info to remove this (the blank square i guess? )

From reading other threads, i believe the cause of the rattle/creaking is wires.

Kind regards nick

From memory you just pop it out with a trim tool. spring loaded clip on one side.

Quick question - does anyone know if it is possible to remove or get inside the housing in the picture? I have something rolling around inside it is driving me nuts, I have changed the bulbs to LED so know the clear lens part pops off but does the light fitting itself come out easily? Thanks in advance ;)IMG_5649.JPG

Im basically unable to remove lights, half part with buttons cannot pop out and damage slightly aluminium frame around the light module.

Can anyone share short video or photo, what else is needed to do?

I unscrew two screws, then pop up front part of the light module, but rear part, where buttons are, still toughly hold position. Cannot move a millimeter ahead ..

Back