Upper brake light replacement- advice

PaddyP

Hi. I’ve just found out the price of the new upper brake light for my 2021 van. £50.

I think that’s wheee the water is getting in but still investigating.

To replace it seems hard. As the guys at Breeze say you pretty much need to smash to old one to get it out. The seal I think is leaking and filling the door. Any ideas on how to manage this - I’ve taped it up to see if that’s the source of water and after that - anyone used clear sealant for example?

Presuming it’s a tailgate door; the light inevitability breaks upon removal. Just lever it out using suitable trim tools. Unlike the T5, there are no accessible fixings, so don’t do what I did and remove all the tailgate trims :rolleyes:
The seal leaks, bur the OE part has been upgraded.
As a temporary measure, I used heavyweight clear tape over the light to reduce water ingress. Also remove the 4 plastic bungs from the bottom of the tailgate to allow the water to drain.

Great to hear buddy! The tape went on yesterday and the door bungs were out a few days before that! I’ll get on and buy the unit and also someone suggested the plastic trim levers (£2 each) in Halfords. Thanks again. P

Back