Recall on sliding O/S door

BeePee

T6 Guru
Hi folks, I've just had an interesting visit to my local VW dealer, last week my electric door wouldn't close, I had to push it manually. All of the doors wouldn't lock and as I drove they kept trying to lock then unlock, Carista said central locking electronics fault.

The recall was completed months ago, this entailed replacing and bonding (strong smell of glue) a seal on the o/s, not sure exactly what was done, this stops water entering apparently.

NO IT DIDN'T !

I now have a damaged central locking unit, associated wiring harness, no side step lights, hi level brake light, fog lights, door seals, tailgate seal and whatever else she listed to be replaced.
They need my Kombi for 3 days, Ovano unit out, all soundproofing and insulation removed (at my cost to do it and replace it) so they can rectify the issues and re-do the recall sealing.

"so.... VW sold me a leaking van which the they recalled, your guy didn't do it properly and I've to pay for the rectification of my finished interior...........DON'T THINK SO PAL...........call me back when you've thought this through properly"

Booked in for April to be repaired, all I've to do is remove the Ovano unit, their head of senior service techs says he can remove the finishings confidently :cool:

Oh and 53mph in a 20mph speed restricted industrial estate, did he not see my dash cam ?!

VW-Ingrams-53mph-MP4-21391.png

my electric door wouldn't close, I had to push it manually
Welcome to peasant life! :slow rofl:

Seriously though, 53 in a 20mph industrial estate with parked cars on the road and lots of business premises entrances is taking the p155.
I guess someone senior at the dealers is going to have to try to explain how that was OK?

That's another 10% off if you word it right and can prove you were elsewhere and what time you collected it...

That’s scary :eek: just bought a van with electric doors and about to get sound proofed etc

I would write them a kind letter with the link to YouTube of the video if they do not consider what they will be doing for you and do they want to report their tech to the police or is this for you todo also

I'm going to have a chat with the tech, I'll see how all the work goes and use it as a trump card if required.

Back