Upgrading Suspension under £1000

smudger28

Hi

I’m looking to upgrade my T6 18 plate Kombi’s suspension as the ride is somewhat wobbly if that makes sense. I’m not a mechanic so any advice is greatly appreciated.

I’m thinking it could be lowered too.

I’ve got around £700 to play with.

Thank you ☺️

Hi. When you say wobbly, do you mean roll around the corners?

That can be fixed with a front and rear anti roll bar upgrade for around £500.

To upgrade the suspension whilst lowering the van and improve the ride quality will be very difficult on your budget. Good quality suspension upgrades start at around £1000 plus fitting.

There are cheap options out there, but I wouldn’t recommend them.

Yes it does feel like it wobbles around corners. What’s the best option around the 1k mark? I could probably stretch the budget a bit further.

I’d like a better ride overall if possible.

Thanks.

Yes it does feel like it wobbles around corners. What’s the best option around the 1k mark? I could probably stretch the budget a bit further.

I’d like a better ride overall if possible.

Thanks.
ST-X coil overs are my cheapest option and they are superb for the money. I've sent you a DM with more details.

Agreed with Chris above. Anything under £1000 isn’t worth considering. The STX are a great option you won’t be disappointed. Looking at your location Chris (Van Cave) isn’t to far a drive for you either.

@smudger28 - if you apply the Forum -50% discount rule, you could comfortably spend £1,500.00 with Chris, and get what will then give you a comfortable, non wobbly ride.
You can let Mrs @smudger28 know that you've only bought £750.00 worth of Vw goodies...
Don't be scared in doing this - it happens all the time & soon becomes a well rehearsed standard practice.

Just sayin' :cool:

Back