Undo hidden clips

truegrobo

Hi - I‘ve bought a T6 and need to remove the tailgate ply to get to the locking mechanism (long story). It looks like it’s been attached with hidden clips under the lining. Are there any special tricks for removing ply attached with hidden clips? Apologies if daft question - total novice at this (hence first post!). Grateful for any help.

prise it off, work your way around the edge and when you get to a fastner lever it out with a plastic trim tool. Don’t pull the ply or you’ll risk snapping it. You’ll probably be able to feel where the clips are through the carpet.

Last edited:
Amazing - thanks for super quick response! You’re right - I can feel where the clips are. Have ordered trim tool - is there a particular trick to levering?

Use the fork shaped one and get the prongs either side of the clip, between the ply and the van body

I used these on mine. Made life so much easier.

1590615333208.jpeg

the converters has used super strong (too strong) hidden clips and it would have destroyed the hardboard taking it off. A couple of clips were rendered useless as the barbs snapped off them so I replaced with hidden trim clips.

Back