Underseat Fuses And Wiring

I might be able to find you one of those. I know I have chucked a great many of them in the bin, when we cram in plenty of other stuff under the seat, they have to go!

I might be able to find you one of those. I know I have chucked a great many of them in the bin, when we cram in plenty of other stuff under the seat, they have to go!
If you do have, Martyn, I’ll send you some cash to cover P&P

Hi guys,

Been trying to work out the fuses in the OP’s original question. So far I know the one in my image on the left supplies power to the two rear 12v sockets I have in my Shuttle. The other one I can’t work out. Does anyone know what it does? I’ve run the van with it removed and can’t see anything ‘not working’. I have a rear heater...could it be that? Would have thought 15amp was too low for that though??

My plan is to reroute the rear 12v power via the leisure battery, utilise the thick red cable for my B2B charger, but I need to know what this last fuse does 466EC4CE-2D1A-4A65-B586-CEBA5C862ACA.jpeg

No, i've tested all 12V sockets in the van and nothing. My two dash 12V sockets are in the fusebox under the dash (blade fuse and block fuse). I've seen a fuse layout diagram for a cali where the rear 12V sockets are split (copied below). The left one in my image in the thread above supplies both rear sockets on the C pillar and next to the rear heater in the wheel arch. In the diagram below that's the fuse that's labeled '12V Sink''. From what i've seen I get the impression VW just use this fuel block for 'extras' that are ordered with the van and most usually in this location means it's something in the rear. I have a climate control panel in the rear roof so maybe it's that? However I only see 15 AMpfuses being used for 12V power sockets so i'm completely stumped.

1ff98fc9ee0c62ce2ce3a4b18954ba1a.jpg

No, i've tested all 12V sockets in the van and nothing. My two dash 12V sockets are in the fusebox under the dash (blade fuse and block fuse). I've seen a fuse layout diagram for a cali where the rear 12V sockets are split (copied below). The left one in my image in the thread above supplies both rear sockets on the C pillar and next to the rear heater in the wheel arch. In the diagram below that's the fuse that's labeled '12V Sink''. From what i've seen I get the impression VW just use this fuel block for 'extras' that are ordered with the van and most usually in this location means it's something in the rear. I have a climate control panel in the rear roof so maybe it's that? However I only see 15 AMpfuses being used for 12V power sockets so i'm completely stumped.
My shuttle has two 15A fuses there as well and the towbar electrics got added to that fuse block so I'd guess any kind of rear body accessories.

My shuttle has two 15A fuses there as well and the towbar electrics got added to that fuse block so I'd guess any kind of rear body accessories.
@JB26413 Agreed.... i've just fitted my tow electrics and was going to wire it into power in this fuse box too. I accidentally cut the wrong wire from the bundle of red 12V permanent lives for it though, and cut the one to the supplying the blue fuse i'm trying to find out about. Even though it's got no power I can't find anything 'not working' :slow rofl:

@JB26413 Agreed.... i've just fitted my tow electrics and was going to wire it into power in this fuse box too. I accidentally cut the wrong wire from the bundle of red 12V permanent lives for it though, and cut the one to the supplying the blue fuse i'm trying to find out about. Even though it's got no power I can't find anything 'not working' :slow rofl:
Ah well, not needed then :D

@travelvolts I don’t think so but I’ll double check everything this evening. As far as I’m aware just the passenger side behind the sliding door and then in the drivers side boot at floor level next to the cooling vents for the heater in the wheel arch trim.

@Loz I was wondering though if VW just bung any fuse anywhere in a connection block like this or is that slot only for 12v outlets? The fact it’s 15amp makes me think it’s a power outlet somewhere. One of the rear power outlets is in roughly the same place as a Cali sink too.

12V socket on right D-pillar?
As far as i'm aware both rear 12V sockets run off the same single 15Amp fuse. I tested the sockets with a multimeter to see what was going on, removing each one of the blue fuse in turn. However thinking about it little, all the other 12V sockets (2 in the dash) are on separate 15 Amp fuses Should each one have it's own fuse? Sounds like i've cocked up my testing or somethings up with the wiring and the circuits are joined together.

My Shuttle has two 15A fuses under the seat, the front fuse is for the 12v outlet by the C pillar, the back 15A fuse does the 12v outlet in the boot by the air blower unit.

My Shuttle has two 15A fuses under the seat, the front fuse is for the 12v outlet by the C pillar, the back 15A fuse does the 12v outlet in the boot by the air blower unit.
Ah perfect , sounds like if I rewire them both to go via the leisure battery fuse box then I’ll be fine. Thanks for the help everyone.

If only few fuses need to be relocated, another OEM solution:
Clips into the main frame and each socket houses 3 fuses. Sorry, don't have part numbers for the socket or crimp fuse connectors. Interested to know though.
View attachment 35246
@mmi @Pauly apologies both, I know this is an old post but did you find what the part numbers are for the 3 fuse clip in fuse holders are? also the larger single fuse holders bottom right? Many thanks in advance, Nick

If only few fuses need to be relocated, another OEM solution:
Clips into the main frame and each socket houses 3 fuses. Sorry, don't have part numbers for the socket or crimp fuse connectors. Interested to know though.
View attachment 35246

The fuse holder is 6Q0 937 617 B - better late than never, right? :D

IMG_1287.jpeg

I used one back when I built my leisure electrics.

IMG_4587.jpeg

Back