Undercarriage damage - what is it?

AeonMach

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can anyone help me identify what this damaged piece of undercarriage is?
Underneath passenger seat/well. Plastic - so not structural but covering and/or protecting something?
T6 LWB 4mo.

(I suspect I hit something - well obviously - when I thought I’d “just” gone through a really awful pothole… godalmighty bang.
Didn’t see anything; was just coming off a roundabout on a dual carriageway and was probably just looking in side mirror to pull out IIRC. Plus it’s been dark and rainy here non-stop!!)

View attachment 223717

IMG_1780.jpeg

IMG_1778.jpeg

It can happen going through a large/deep puddle too. It’s easy enough to push back up and cable tie it

It can happen going through a large/deep puddle too. It’s easy enough to push back up and cable tie it
Thanks. Although that’s worrying! There’s quite a few of those around here (west Scotland) in the winter!!
I’ve pushed it back up already… and given the potential for damage you describe I’m thinking I’d rather jury-rig it with some strong cable-ties than bother getting a new tray!!
Did you just drill some new holes as needed for the cable ties?

Thanks. Although that’s worrying! There’s quite a few of those around here (west Scotland) in the winter!!
I’ve pushed it back up already… and given the potential for damage you describe I’m thinking I’d rather jury-rig it with some strong cable-ties than bother getting a new tray!!
Did you just drill some new holes as needed for the cable ties?
Yep, that the one! As you say, jury-rig it until it is worth getting a replacement tray. The trays sometimes come up for sale on the forum when people underslung tanks etc.

I did the same with mine.

I used a heat gun and jack to mould it back into place. Luckily wasn't too smashed just bent up!
Thanks. Was the heat gun just to make it pliable (I’ve pretty much got it back in place) or to actually melt the edges back together again?

It was a few weeks before I noticed it, and with the plastic being pushed up for so long it wouldn't sit how it should so I warmed it with the heat gun and used a jack and some wood to push and hold it in place. Seems to have worked well so far!

Thanks all. Fixed now! Well successfully jury-rigged!

(With partial thanks to my local Kwik-Fit and their ramp; say what you like about them but this isn’t the first time they’ve happily help quickly fix something and then waived any payment. I went back with a couple of cases of Tennent’s finest lager as a wee thank you…)

Back