Tyres for 20x9J wheels

Texxaco

T6 T32 204 DSG on SoLow 3H Air remapped to 257PS
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Evening all,

So I need 4 news tyres, I am looking at Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S however before I drop £850 on tyres I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I have also been given a second choice of Goodyear eagle F1 Asymmetric although not convinced.
Current tyres are Davento which are ok but wearing out quickly.
What do you guys advise/use/ swear by?

On all my cars - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S everytime. Best tyre on the market without a doubt.

On the vans we use and recommend the Goodyear. They are quieter than the Michelin, dependant on which series you get. a fantastic all round tyre so that’s so well on the Transporter. Good wear rates and good in the wet.

On all my cars - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S everytime. Best tyre on the market without a doubt.

On the vans we use and recommend the Goodyear. They are quieter than the Michelin, dependant on which series you get. a fantastic all round tyre so that’s so well on the Transporter. Good wear rates and good in the wet.
Cheers @BognorMotors

So you rate the the Goodyear eagle F1 Asymmetric, mine will be 265 40 R20 104Y.

much cheaper than the Michelins too.

I have Goodyear assy on my other motor. Absolutely brilliant tyre compared to the Bridgestone it originally came with. I have also had them on wife’s cars in the past. Like it’s been said they are quieter, and you defo have more positive feel in the steering.
I can imagine there is some sort of correlation to a van

I have Goodyear assy on my other motor. Absolutely brilliant tyre compared to the Bridgestone it originally came with. I have also had them on wife’s cars in the past. Like it’s been said they are quieter, and you defo have more positive feel in the steering.
I can imagine there is some sort of correlation to a van
Good to know @huxwar as on my way to buy them at Costco. On offer this week, £25 per tyre discount. For my size they are £160 each.

That’s a decent price, my mate has just put some no brand Ditchfinders in the same size and they were £150each.
This will make you smile, last week my mate got me two Goodyear F1 Assymetric for £160, brand new.

Sorry for another tyre thread.

I believe I have read every tyre thread on here at least once and now my brain feels like someone pushed an electric whisk in my ears and switched it on.

Anyway I have seen some alloys I quite like (after months of searching) that are 20 x 9J.

I am looking for what tyres I can use.

Preferably I would like all season tyres of 245 or 255 width,

Thanks for any help.

These were on mine all round when I got them. They are 275/40/20 on 10j (rear)
I’ve replaced them with normal P Zero now though. They are 106 rated too.07D0FBEC-82BB-480B-B207-95FC57860040.jpeg

Back