Turn-key or self-build?

Currently trying to plan a van build and looking for opinions I definitely want a slider bed and have been looking at kit designs for a kitchen.

Do people find doing a self build or professionally done?

Or even go for a ready made cali?

Haven't purchased thw new van yet but trying to gather ideas and options I definitely want to go LWB

Currently trying to plan a van build and looking for opinions I definitely want a slider bed and have been looking at kit designs for a kitchen.

Do people find doing a self build or professionally done?

Or even go for a ready made cali?

Haven't purchased thw new van yet but trying to gather ideas and options I definitely want to go LWB
Vw don’t make a LWB Cali so if you are set on a LWB then you are definitely in to a self build or professional build

I’d say fitting cali/caravelle rails are def a doable DIY job, all the info is here and anything not covered fire away :)

Reactions: JOG
Other than the caravelle bed is there any that would fit direct into the rails, I had liked the look of a rib bed whereby the bed is actually flat and have seen the smart bed evo r , but I am assuming that the rails will have slightly different spacing

Reimo do a flat sliding bed (Reimo 3000) but I don't know if the rails are the same.

Other than the caravelle bed is there any that would fit direct into the rails, I had liked the look of a rib bed whereby the bed is actually flat and have seen the smart bed evo r , but I am assuming that the rails will have slightly different spacing
California seat is flat.

Also on rails, Titan Beds Varimount, and Yo-Yo Glidemount from clearcut conversions. There is an option from Cambee, but it appears the cost of the rails is more than the complete system price of the competition.

There is a bonded rail system with a Reimo bed available. Easy sliding options, very flexible, and very expensive. However, make sure you sit on the bed. My feet dont reach the floor, and the seat base is way too long to be comfortable. I think if you were tall enough to fit the seat, your head would be against the ceiling.

Back