T5.1 to T6.1 facelift - sidelight problem

Jamesvbud5.1

VIP Member
Hi all I have done t5.1 to 6.1 facelift and put the diodes between pin 10 and pin 4 but when I put the side lights on they come on and go off and then don’t come back on even if I turn the light switch off and on again. The only way they come back on is the turn the ignition off and on again but still come on then flash a couple of times then shut off.

try encoding 18 bytes with the value 6B 09 address, although...( this data will only fit 7e0 (I haven't tested it on other BCMs)I don’t know what BCM you have! give me your autoscan
I don’t have the software but do have the kkt 409.1 cable

try encoding 18 bytes with the value 6B 09 address, although...( this data will only fit 7e0 (I haven't tested it on other BCMs)I don’t know what BCM you have! give me your autoscan

Attachments

• Log-Y15JHW-WV1ZZZ7HZBH111749-254380km-158064mi.txt
    13 KB · Views: 4
Here you go , I now have the right software and cable to do the autoscan

Attachments

13 KB · Views: 4
Hi all I have done a 6.1 front end conversion on my 5.1 and I’m having trouble with the headlights

I’ve spoke with travellin lite and obtained the diodes which you put between 10 and four wire, but my side lights don’t work properly.

With the engine running the side lights go out, but we’ve just the ignition on they both work

I am attaching auto scan, so can someone please help me with this.

Attachments

13 KB · Views: 3
    13 KB · Views: 2
Your BCM with the number 7H0.............. I am not sure that it will be able to work correctly with VW t6 LED headlights.. I think you need to ask this from other forum members. All t6s are equipped with BCM 7e0

Your BCM with the number 7H0.............. I am not sure that it will be able to work correctly with VW t6 LED headlights.. I think you need to ask this from other forum members. All t6s are equipped with BCM 7e0
I don’t have led headlight they are standard bulbs

Do the connectors from the car match the number of PINs to the headlights? Have you tried connecting them directly (everything should work)

Reactions: mmi
Do the connectors from the car match the number of PINs to the headlights? Have you tried connecting them directly (everything should work)
I have tried to connect directly and the sidelights come on with the switch turned off but not on with it turned on

Hi all I have done t5.1 to 6.1 facelift and put the diodes between pin 10 and pin 4 but when I put the side lights on they come on and go off and then don’t come back on even if I turn the light switch off and on again. The only way they come back on is the turn the ignition off and on again but still come on then flash a couple of times then shut off.
Hi James mate did you manage to sort this I'm t.1 to 6.1 standard t6.1 light all around install the diodes and lights are playing up cheers

Hi @Jamesvbud5.1 did you sort this mate having the same with mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Back