Travel cot help

cef

Hi All,

We're looking for some recommendations for a sleeping solution for our 8 month old. And by that I mean somewhere for him to sleep, but if anyone wants to provide a miracle solution for him to sleep through the night we'd take it ;)

We have a VW T6 SWB; x2 captains chairs (non-swivel); not converted. When it was just myself, my husband and a greyhound, we would just remove the rear seats and sleep on the floor on camping mattresses. We stored our things on the front seats. Worked perfectly for the 2 of us. Now that we've added to our clan we are in need of a new plan.

Ideally he wouldn't be on the floor with us as he's a fidget! Would like to make use of using the space above the seats, but would still like to still be able to store things there. Or are there any options for a hammock that suspends above where we sleep in main section of van?

Reading through the forum, I've come across the following possibilities:

Bullibaby: Travel Cot BulliBaby for VW T4, T5 and T6
Cabbunk: Buy Now (but would need swivel seats fitting)
Reimo: Reimo - Additional cot for VW T6/5/4 driver's cab (seems very expensive!)

Would love to hear if anyone has any other solutions? Or thoughts on the above?

Thank you!

My niece’s husband made a sort of bunk bed for their daughter, who was a little older, in their Transit. It basically was a raised platform going across the back of the van.

My niece’s husband made a sort of bunk bed for their daughter, who was a little older, in their Transit. It basically was a raised platform going across the back of the van.
We used a modified cabunk for my 1yo. He's a wriggler and it massive so I fitted raised edges to the cabunk to stop him rolling out. Works great.

Options are pretty limited for captains seats in case you haven't already realised!

Back