Trapezoid sidebars clearance

borat

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi

For those who have these fitted, do you have them stepped out much and how much clearance do you have between the bar and sill? I have the THQ ones fitted and with the bar in close (which I think looks better) they are right up to the sill. I was thinking of putting a washer in between the brackets. Just wondering how others have theirs fitted?

92E6FB69-365C-4BC9-9846-B7B8B2406102.jpeg

I've run mine in line with the sill so you only see the front of the trapezoid.

Yep mine the same. I leant on them a bit so I could get them in as tight as possible with out them touching the paintwork.

Ok thanks. I might try the washer option to buy a Couple more mm of clearance

Funny that! I’ve just put mine on and am thinking of dropping g them to the bottom of the bracket to keep them away from the paintwork

I have new bars to replace my OEM style after corrosion and they appear to be bent :-(

Nearside (pushed in as far as possible)
20220916_164523.jpg

Offside (pushed in as far as possible)
20220916_164539.jpg.

Any one else experience this? Its not helping my OCD.

Side by side - difference is clear
20220918_120328.jpg

Drop evident on flat surface
20220918_120324 (1).jpg

According to the supplier this is normal as they are not 100%.

I have new bars to replace my OEM style after corrosion and they appear to be bent :-(

Nearside (pushed in as far as possible)
View attachment 173159

Offside (pushed in as far as possible)
View attachment 173160.

Any one else experience this? Its not helping my OCD.

Side by side - difference is clear
View attachment 173162

Drop evident on flat surface
View attachment 173161

According to the supplier this is normal as they are not 100%.
I noticed same on mine. I had to use washers on one side to get clearance the same.

Seems common that the trapezoid ones don’t fit particularly well, I had to add an 8mm spacer to give clearance. Without it the inner face at the sweep was pressing hard against the cill and would have caused corrosion eventually.

The front brackets also didn’t line up well with the chassis holes, the bolts were at the extreme end of the slots and would have to be tightened to pull the bolts straight. Supplier claimed this was a fitment issue as the front ones are difficult to fit, they never space them down. I’m just glad I fitted my own as I wouldn’t be happy with the bars in hard contact with the cill. Supplier was Leightons

Back