Trapezoid Side Bars

@ROMANY TAMPIN looks great pal.. looking forward to seeing it and the next meet.. whats next?!

OmG Loads,
I pick up and its handed over to me from Uberbus Wednesday.
I've got a removable bulk head to build for MTB transport paraglider and two BASE rigs. It's in my head but need to be built and go in van, underslung gas for BBQ, wind deflectors, mudflaps, made a new ceiling for hilo too, speaker cover on that horrid dash hole, ICE, on and on it goes

Just looking forward to getting her back so i can start

I'm thinking of getting a set of black trapezoid bars for my red T6 SWB. I've found 2 suppliers online: VanStyle who want £155, and Direct4x4 who ask £235.
Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality to justify the £80 price difference? They look the same from online photos, but it's hard to tell.

I'm thinking of getting a set of black trapezoid bars for my red T6 SWB. I've found 2 suppliers online: VanStyle who want £155, and Direct4x4 who ask £235.
Does anyone know if there is a difference in quality to justify the £80 price difference? They look the same from online photos, but it's hard to tell.

Got mine from FORUM SHOP
Wanted to support !

Got mine from FORUM SHOP
Wanted to support !
Noted. I certainly approve of traders who are prepared to spend time and money running a forum for potential customers. I ran a T25 for 30 years; regularly used the Brickwerks web forum and made many purchases from them. However, given the price differential for genuine VW bars, I could not justify spending £200 more of my kids inheritance just for a bit of bling.

Just to close off this part of the thread. I fitted the Vanstyle bars yesterday. Appear to be good quality. Fit ok.
However - instructions say 30-40 minutes to fit. !:laugh:! I spent 2 hours on one side and 1 1/2 on the second. OK I am old and not as quick as I used to be (some ladies might say that's a good thing), and I was just using ramps to lift the side a few inches, and I spent some time spraying Waxoyl on parts that might be exposed to corrosion.
It would have helped if the instructions had made it clear that the brackets are not symmetrical and the longer side should go to the rear. The so-called "T-bolts" are more like L-bolts, and this offends my perfectionist engineering sensitivity. Also a template for cutting the undertray would be helpful.

Nevertheless I am pleased with the end result.

CU.jpg

RF.jpg

Back