Trapezoid Side Bars

Tye

hi, new on here so apoliges if posting to the wrong thread. Looking for advice on best source of the T6 black angled/trapezoid sidebars?
many thanks

Welcome. I don’t believe there are any black ones available, people have bought the chrome ones then had them powder coated black.

Reactions: Tye
@Sjacko20 is correct. You can only get them polished stainless steel at the moment. I had mine powder coated black. Cost £100. :unsure:

They're cheaper off the forum shop I believe :) I intend to have mine wrapped.

They're cheaper off the forum shop I believe :) I intend to have mine wrapped.

Word of advice.. each to their own.. ect.. but with the wrap..
Be mindful of the sidebar position, what I mean by that is ANY exposed wrap edge may peel due to water ingress from puddles road spray etc.. the fixing points would need to have additional sealelant to help prevent this etc..
Also stonechips may cause wrap to defect..

Again.. just a thought.

Thanks for the advice, will be at a wrappers on friday having the windows tinted so was going to see whether it is worthwhile.

Thanks @Fish, That was my plan A. My concern is how well powder coating will "stick" to the stainless surface. Any chips may allow water ingress and it then just "peels off".

Thanks @Fish, That was my plan A. My concern is how well powder coating will "stick" to the stainless surface. Any chips may allow water ingress and it then just "peels off".
@Deaky can give you a better review of that pal.. but if done correctly.. should be fine..

Hi all

I bought a pair from forum shop a few weeks ago

I'v had them powder coated satin black looking good, I'll post pictures when i've fitted them.

Any way I noticed on pictures other day on here a fella has his carbon wrapped very smart too

The ends of his bars where filled where mine are open !

Should mine have come with rubber caps or something ? Are they left open for water / moisture to escape ?

Many Thanks
Romany

I think it was @Keaney sidebars and not sure they were the same as yours think they were the round ones but the ones you have thats how they come open ended and there is no end caps

I think it was @Keaney sidebars and not sure they were the same as yours think they were the round ones but the ones you have thats how they come open ended and there is no end caps
Yip trapezoid Sportline side bars with the puddle lights they are... thought they were crap being open, surely going to corrode. Carbon guy capped them off... think for the price they are they are poor quality

How much are the trapezoid bars for a lwb?

And how much did you pay to have them powder coated?

Hi ya

I bought the bars from the forum shop, bit more expencive bit i wanted to support the forum shop, great delivery I love them. Just a little surprised with the open ends now. May find a way to fill them ? Dunno.
Paid £80 to get them powder coated at MHP here in Long Eaton, Nottingham, they did my Devonports (£60 each wheel) and my awning(two of them£30) rail too.

Back