Transporter Or Caravelle???

Thank you. It's our Family Weekender. Did have a Media Unit installed for the Baby, but there is a small glitch with the wiring, so I'll take it back to my "Go To" when he opens up for business again. My next 'accessories' purchase will be thermal blinds and a small double memory foam mattress; when Lockdown frees up! Stay safe everyone.

Bought a velle after enjoying driving a t6 sportline for a couple months - prefer the velle, but i like 'boat cars' most of the time. i like to feel i havent been driving for two hours.. something you seriously notice when you drive an old mini for that length of time.. haha
Im a noob myself really and would have suggested gtting a velle or shuttle just due to the comfort extras - the velle is a darm site quiter than in a basic no frills sportline kombi(my only real tt6 experiences). you can talk to the person next to you on the motorway rather than shouting - if you carry family in the back, im sure theyd appreiciate not having to shout.

Looks great, what is it?

The seating arrangement looks like a shuttle, but has it got aftermarket seat covers or had a retrim?

That looks sweeeeeeeet! Our Toddler is 19 months and still in his front facing car seat for now. Liking your contrasts.....

Having had a transporter and now a Caravelle I found the Caravelle has a softer ride, I don't know whether it has different springs

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year!

I'm a complete rookie to VW, and what steered me to it; was the fact that Wife has recently got herself a Golf, after bouncing through the ranks 'over the years' from a Polo, down to an Up .....an Up (again)...and then Golf.

We love our weekend road trips to various friends and family in the UK, and with a toddler, I am looking at either the SWB Transporter or Caravelle; sometimes with the In-Laws in tow. In our current vehicle, the Wife sometimes gets into the back to keep the baby company, so in the first instance the Caravelle seems to me to be the preferred option as it looks like there is a 'lounge in the back' :).

The only notable observation I have is space for storage (bags etc), which to me swings it back to the Transporter.

I awork as a Student Landlord and sometimes I have to make those fateful trips to Ikea to get the occasional wardrobe flat pack in etc. Whilst I do have a small van for work, I'd be looking to sell it to get one of the above.

I have spotted both models in my radar; and probs looking to take things seriously approaching the end of March.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Regards. Rob
Hi there
We went the Kombi route first mainly due to the cost of a caravelle and although the van was lovely. It lacked the refinement of a caravelle.
creaky bulkhead, sliding windows that fell out , After a brief departure and a Tiguan, we traded in the Tiguan and got a caravelle. It’s such a versatile van. The seats come out and it can be used just the same as a kombi. It’s beautiful inside and out. Should have got one first time around, would have saved ourselves 10-15 k

Hi there
We went the Kombi route first mainly due to the cost of a caravelle and although the van was lovely. It lacked the refinement of a caravelle.
creaky bulkhead, sliding windows that fell out , After a brief departure and a Tiguan, we traded in the Tiguan and got a caravelle. It’s such a versatile van. The seats come out and it can be used just the same as a kombi. It’s beautiful inside and out. Should have got one first time around, would have saved ourselves 10-15 k
Hey they would love to see some pics :)

Back