Transporter 2.0 bitdi damaged engine photos needed

Rsp25

Hi i have a 2018 transporter 2.0 bitdi, getting the engine replaced under warranty due too burning oil. Warranty company have asked for photos of damage to the engine/pistons/cylinder. My mechanic is swapping the engine but just wants to do a straight swap without stripping old one down.
does anyone happen to have any photos of damage too these parts from same engine i know its a common fault would be a life saver. Thanks

yeh not so sure that will wash . . .

you will need 100% legit evidence. . . new engine is £8k+ so the ins compo will be doing there homework.

it dont take long to take the head and sump off a knackered engine once its out..

bung your mechanic a good drink once the old engine is out and im sure he will get you all the pics you need.

So, the warranty company has agreed to the replacement engine with certain conditions ie evidence of the old engine failure. That is not normal practice. The warranty company must have agreed to a replacement engine based on some form of facts that they were already aware of - therefore all is good. If they have stipulated a strip down of the old engine then they will be paying albeit indirectly your mechanic. If not why? Don’t circumnavigate the warranty otherwise like all insurers they will argue full payment. Good luck

Back