TPMS on T6

Ush66

Can someone advise if I can swap the 18 “ wheels on my 2018 T6 (Not 6.1) without it triggering the TPMS? - looking at using the same circumference wheel with 17” steel rims & thicker tyres to give the same overall diameter.
Looking through other posts it seems to work off the abs rather than a sensor in the wheel??
Ta

I believe its a rolling radius not actual sensors. When I get a tyre change or change to my winter wheels, TPMS goes off but you just reset it to the new levels and its fine. No sensors in the wheels etc

Can someone advise if I can swap the 18 “ wheels on my 2018 T6 (Not 6.1) without it triggering the TPMS? - looking at using the same circumference wheel with 17” steel rims & thicker tyres to give the same overall diameter.
Looking through other posts it seems to work off the abs rather than a sensor in the wheel??
Ta
Correct, there's no actual sensors on the T6, it just uses the rotation of the wheel via the abs sensor to measure the radius. If a wheel is spinning faster that it expects to see due being a smaller radius, thanks to a low pressure in the tyre, it throws an alert.

So when you fit the new wheels, re set the tyre pressures in the MFD and you'll be all set.

I believe its a rolling radius not actual sensors. When I get a tyre change or change to my winter wheels, TPMS goes off but you just reset it to the new levels and its fine. No sensors in the wheels etc
Cheers

Correct, there's no actual sensors on the T6, it just uses the rotation of the wheel via the abs sensor to measure the radius. If a wheel is spinning faster that it expects to see due being a smaller radius, thanks to a low pressure in the tyre, it throws an alert.

So when you fit the new wheels, re set the tyre pressures in the MFD and you'll be all set.
Cheers

Back