To keep or not to keep....Spoiler?

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Chaps,

I've just ordered a THQ spoiler (OEM Style). It's came and looks great, really nice in fact. However....

I've ordered a fiberglass one without noticing.

The question is, do I fit it or send it back and opt for a painted plastic one. Some say fiberglass isn't the best. What's your thoughts chaps?

This is my question at the moment too, they do a reflex silver one for £160 but it’s fibreglass or do I go for plastic and get it painted. What’s the fit like on the van ?

This is my question at the moment too, they do a reflex silver one for £160 but it’s fibreglass or do I go for plastic and get it painted. What’s the fit like on the van ?

Not checked the fit yet, but they told me it's from the same mold as the plastic one. The paint job looks fantastic to be fair. I'll try check the fit tomorrow but we have snow here at the moment

Snow, crikey !! We got 13 degrees down here in the tropic of North Staffordshire :cool: Not very festive though I must admit.

Wondered if the PU one had some more 'flex' to give a more snug fit ? Be interested to hear any other feedback on these.

Merry 'snowy' Christmas to you anyway :thumbsup:

Yeah it sure is cold

So I went to check fitment today and it looked pritty spot on far as I could tell without a second pair of hands to check it carefully. Maybe slightly out a tiny bit but couldn't say until properly trying to fix it down to be honest.

I had decided to keep it and continue with fitting it but unfortunately I noticed a tiny chip at the side of the spoiler. Right at the part you see when looking up at it. Typical.

This is probably bad luck as the paint work looked really good, so for now I've decided return it and go oem.

I hope that helps buddy, oh and Merry Christmas to you too

Cheers
Paul

Back