To glaze or not to glaze

eddieb123

Hi all,
Great forum and I have been using it a lot as I have searched for my first Transporter. I have finally found one that has got all the spec I wanted except one thing I'm not sure of, an unglazed tailgate. Now on one hand it looks cool and is good for privacy/security but on the other it will be a famiy vehicle including dog and am worried it will be too van like. What do others members think/have? The ones I have test driven up to now have all been glazed. I will be putting a bike rack on the back so I'm guessing visibility going to be the same but just looking for some advice. I understand they can be glazed for around 250 quid. Can anyone confirm that?

If I were looking for the perfect van, one that had all the spec I wanted, but didn't have a glazed tailgate I would go for it. I don't know exactly how much it costs to have one glazed, but for me it wouldn't be a big deal to have one without. Like you my van is a family vehicle, I would go for it, see how the solid tailgate worked out for me and if I couldn't live with it then I would get it glazed. It would be a shame to miss out on what is otherwise the perfect van for you.

replaced glass last year sure it was around £170 also have cali tailgate chair store blind always up don't miss rear view at all as above says glazing tailgate easy to do then you get perfect van

Back