Roof prep - are these rails OEM?

BenWood

Hi All,

Have used the search but could quite find what I'm looking for. I have one roof rail attached to my T5 (for the side canopy) but I'd like to fit one to the other side so I can fit a solar panel. Does anyone know if this is a genuine item or where I can purchase the other side? Its a 2015 LWB.

Thanks in advance :)IMG20230901172658.jpgIMG20230901172700.jpgIMG20230901172704.jpg

I think the other clue is the rear has this wider area on the track for the roof bar feet to drop into and slide forward, are yours the same?

$_86.jpg

I'm mildly surprised they are not fitted as a pair. I'm sure a van centre parts dept could help but might also be worth a quick check around eBay.

I believe so, I've not seen anyone else producing similar systems the aftermarket ones seem to mount directly to the 4/5 bolt points.

However I've only been tinkering with T6.1 and only for the year so there may be an OEM part too.

Yes this is the roof rail prep that VW sell. I think I bought some back in 2008.
You would have to check costs, I'm thinking around £100 a side but it was 2008 !

Screenshot_20230926_074509_Google.jpg

Thanks for your help all, very much appreciated :)

Being a Corrado owner for 18 years I have found VW to be the most unhelpful bunch of **** I've ever had to deal with but VW commercial (specifically Rob at Stoke) has been amazing help. LWB cost is (for the drivers side at least) £145.80 including VAT (about 50% increase in 15 years :) ).

My dealer won’t help me at all without a vin number. Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of the roof prep inserts for a SWB? Thanks in advance.

My dealer won’t help me at all without a vin number. Does anyone know where I can buy a pair of the roof prep inserts for a SWB? Thanks in advance.

Here is a copy of my invoice mate, although this is for a LWB I'm sure if you call VW Commercial they'll be able to find the SWB version for you from these details.

RoofTrack.png

Also, this doesn't include the bolts required to fix to the roof. Although VW still stock these they only sell in multiples of 25 (or something similar) so I got mine from here as I only needed 5:

Back