THQ v3 light pattern issue

Cyb3rj0n

hello,. hoping someone can help, I e got THQ v3 lights, with the uprated nightbreaker bulbs etc, but they are rubbish, this beam pattern looks like batman any ideas
IMG_20211011_211834.jpg

That doesn’t look right, are you sure the bulbs are in correctly? Is that low beam?

Might be better to fire them at a blank wall to get a clearer impression of what’s up.

That doesn’t look right, are you sure the bulbs are in correctly? Is that low beam?

Might be better to fire them at a blank wall to get a clearer impression of what’s up.
yeah it's low beam, here's a few more, but will try against a wall too... IMG_20211011_192704.jpgIMG_20211011_192632.jpgIMG_20211011_192629.jpg

Agree looks as though fitted incorrect .. they are a real pain .. I fitted THQ LED lamps with headlamps removed from van but I knew they were poisoned and seated correct .. nightmare to do when on the van I reckon

There is a right way and wrong way to fit the lamps .. check the THQ video online .. I made sure mine were ‘right’ before I fitted units to van as they are a pain to get at .. try rotating the lamps as suggested above or remove and refit ..

Looks like bulb are fitted incorrectly. It's a faff sorting it, it's tight getting your hand in

Take them out, reorientate and refit correctly. I had slight problem with my headlight alignment and one of the bulbs wasn't sitting properly (THQ v3 with LEDs)

I'd not sorted mine, but it's going to the company that installed them this morning to be rechecked, hopefully it's the same issue as I can't see anything at night

I’ve just fitted these and am wondering if anyone has found the fix. I have all led bulbs on the v3’s and so far am less than impressed. It’s an absolute mess of a light pattern, to the point I may remove them.
There doesn’t appear to be a right way to locate the bulbs as there aren’t any locating points and the bulbs sit flush but can be rotated through 360degrees of location.
I simply can’t drive with them on and not be focused on the dreadful light pattern, and the blue lines at the top of the beams reflecting back off of everything are horrid. The tick or V shape at the top of them is so bad.

The problem is that the projectors are designed for halogen bulbs which emit light through 360°. LED bulbs emit a more directional pattern so it is not distributed evenly over the reflector that sits behind the projector. This means they have to be perfectly aligned, but even then they are compromised. The extra brightness making up for this.

It has been proven many times on here that the best light source in these lights is HID. The light is emitted in the same way as a halogen bulb, so fills the reflector to give the correct beam pattern.

It's not as tidy an installation as there is a lot of gubbins to mount outside of the headlamp, but it sure as hell works.

It's not as tidy an installation as there is a lot of gubbins to mount outside of the headlamp, but it sure as hell works.
There’s lots of THQ headlamp gubbins outside anyway, make sure you do your best to protect the many wires and the external electronics.
The reason I haven’t fitted HID is the reduced bulb life and the need to pull the front end off.
Has anybody got exceptionally good life out of an HID bulb?
I know some have managed to change bulbs with the headlamps in place but I’m reduced to swearing in German after 20 minutes.

Back