Thinkware Rear Camera - After A Little Help Please

YellowHound

Photographer
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Started installing my Thinkware F800 rear camera today.

I have fed the camera through the rubber conduit between body and rear hatch but am stumped as to how to feed the cable through to the rear wiper area where I am going to mount the camera.

Tried various ideas but none worked - for anyone that has done this just how did you feed the cable through?

I have the cable in the tailgate.

I’ve got a BlackVue rear camera and it’s at the top of the tailgate just under high level brake light, pictures good as being higher captures more imo

Use a bit of wire thats stiff enough to push down the side of the tailgate
Its a bit tricky as the wire will naturally (assisted by gravity) try and drop into a space you cant get at next to the glass, put a bend in the end of the wire to keep the end up in the air and you can feed it down the edge of the tailgate and fish it out below the glass.
Once you have it routed through tape your usb cable to the end of it and use the wire to pull it through

I didn't mount it at the top of the glass as I would have to drill the tailgate for that cable and there would be no easy way to route it through the rubber cable conduit.

Need to go and find a spare coat hanger. I have some fibre glass cable rods but they are too stiff for this job.

Yep that’s what I did with mine and put a blind grommet in
Plus used a coat hanger and speaker wire

Back