The wife made me do it!

Hey Ali-G, I see in your comment that you have an induction hob. I’m just planning my convertion and like the thought of an induction hob. Can I ask: what inverter did you use (or is it just for when hooked up to mains)? Have you added 2 leisure batteries (I read somewhere someone needed to do that)?, was it easy to wire? What induction hob did you go for? And finally, did you bother getting gas installed at all? Seems a big expense if not having a gas hob. Many thanks
Hi @Covmod. Apologies for jumping in to help uninvited, but it's what this forum's about! I too have a 2 plate induction hob in my van like @Ali-G (must be a Bristol thing!;)). It's this model (Hob), which is set into the worktop and runs off a 3kW NDS pure sine inverter powered from dual LiFePo 100Ah batteries, or EHU. Sucks a lot of juice when you're using both plates together, so we leave the dinner parties to when we're hooked up, but it's great for a full breakfast! I also have a Miele oven/grill microwave combo (I also have solar and therefore no gas) - not 'cos I'm posh - it's just the only model shallow enough to fit in the cabinets!

Hi @Covmod. Apologies for jumping in to help uninvited, but it's what this forum's about! I too have a 2 plate induction hob in my van like @Ali-G (must be a Bristol thing!;)). It's this model (Hob), which is set into the worktop and runs off a 3kW NDS pure sine inverter powered from dual LiFePo 100Ah batteries, or EHU. Sucks a lot of juice when you're using both plates together, so we leave the dinner parties to when we're hooked up, but it's great for a full breakfast! I also have a Miele oven/grill microwave combo (I also have solar and therefore no gas) - not 'cos I'm posh - it's just the only model shallow enough to fit in the cabinets!
Thanks. I looked at ‘threebridge‘ conversions and noticed a lot have induction hobs rather than gas. looks a lot nicer, so will definitely look into it more. I’ll take a look at what you have and see if that is possible. Great advice. Thanks again

Hi.
1: I don’t have an inverter, the hob runs off of the Clayton LPS.
2: I don’t have any leisure batteries, all the electrics run from the Clayton.
3: Sorry, don’t know what make the hob is, it was fitted by the previous owner and it was the one thing that I didn’t get
a user manual for. It’s probably a Thetford or Dometic I would imagine.
4: No, there is no gas in my van.

Cheers.
Thanks. I’ve never seen anything like the ‘Clayton’ before, looks a great piece of kit. Might be out of my price range, but will weigh it all up. Many thanks

no mud flaps either, I guess you spend that much you only go in the dry and stay on the tarmac.lol

Back