The wife made me do it!

Go to a show/meet to see examples of what can be done. The possibilities are endless - as is the expenditure! I was thinking I'd be buying a new California until I went to the Camping, Caravan and Motorhome show at the NEC and saw what else you could do. Set yourself a budget, double it and then screw that piece of paper up and hide it from the wife...! You don't have to go mad; mildly deranged should do it! Mine ended up costing me more than a new Cali - but it's better (IMHO!!) :slow rofl:

Anyone know anywhere in or around the Yorkshire area where I can go and have a look at converted T6/6.1's for sale?
Ideally somewhere reputable that informs and points prospective customers in the right direction.

Just buy this and have done with it!!!

Welcome:thumbsup:
I was sat in that very van last week. I dont think they really want to sell it as its their demo in the showroom and they cant get a replacement to convert to replace it atm.

I was sat in that very van last week. I dont think they really want to sell it as its their demo in the showroom and they cant get a replacement to convert to replace it atm.
What did you think of it “in the flesh”?

What did you think of it “in the flesh”?
It is very nice, but not 102k nice (IMHO)

I do like the California seat for a RnR bed.

They use all OEM bits for the conversion, like VW glass etc.

Reactions: JOG

I really can’t see where they get that price from.
Admittedly my van is a short wheelbase T6 and not a LWB 6.1, but I have an electric Reimo roof, a Reimo 3000 sliding bed, a Clayton LPS, an induction hob, Frolli mattress in the roof bed, full Audison stereo inc subwoofer, front and rear BlackVue dash cam, Bilstein B14’s, 20” wheels, Ghost immobiliser, all on a low mileage, high spec (LED lights etc etc) 204 Highline and I paid half what they’re asking for theirs.
Maybe I should put mine up for 80k. :slow rofl:

Admittedly my van is a short wheelbase T6 and not a LWB 6.1, but I have an electric Reimo roof, a Reimo 3000 sliding bed, a Clayton LPS, an induction hob, Frolli mattress in the roof bed, full Audison stereo inc subwoofer, front and rear BlackVue dash cam, Bilstein B14’s, 20” wheels, Ghost immobiliser, all on a low mileage, high spec (LED lights etc etc) 204 Highline and I paid half what they’re asking for theirs.
Like I said, I dont think they are that bothered about selling it at the moment, but if someone came along with the cash.

It is very nice, but not 102k nice (IMHO)

I do like the California seat for a RnR bed.

They use all OEM bits for the conversion, like VW glass etc.
yeah, i've seen/sat in it too and it's absolutely :inlove::inlove:

BUT £102k!! jeeeez...
i think you may be right about how bothered/keen they are to sell it

My wife sat in that van and it added a few extras to our build in the new year they are doing… I love the lining they do, so different to the carpet that everyone else is using and quality seems excellent.

Hey Ali-G, I see in your comment that you have an induction hob. I’m just planning my convertion and like the thought of an induction hob. Can I ask: what inverter did you use (or is it just for when hooked up to mains)? Have you added 2 leisure batteries (I read somewhere someone needed to do that)?, was it easy to wire? What induction hob did you go for? And finally, did you bother getting gas installed at all? Seems a big expense if not having a gas hob. Many thanks

Hey Ali-G, I see in your comment that you have an induction hob. I’m just planning my convertion and like the thought of an induction hob. Can I ask: what inverter did you use (or is it just for when hooked up to mains)? Have you added 2 leisure batteries (I read somewhere someone needed to do that)?, was it easy to wire? What induction hob did you go for? And finally, did you bother getting gas installed at all? Seems a big expense if not having a gas hob. Many thanks

Hi.
1: I don’t have an inverter, the hob runs off of the Clayton LPS.
2: I don’t have any leisure batteries, all the electrics run from the Clayton.
3: Sorry, don’t know what make the hob is, it was fitted by the previous owner and it was the one thing that I didn’t get
a user manual for. It’s probably a Thetford or Dometic I would imagine.
4: No, there is no gas in my van.

Cheers.

Back