The Touch Up Paint Factory

I've never managed to have any success at touching in chips to make them completely invisible.

Chipex is very good as it has a blending solution to take away any excess paint, but even that is hit and miss.

As well as the correct colour, it's down to the application method. Perhaps with this, the chip could be overfilled, then the paint blob 'shaved' with a razor blade to make it flush once it's gone off. For the price, surely it's work giving it a go?

I'd be concerned about the pen tip drying up or getting damaged. I'd go for the pot with brushes.
Like @dubber36 says, the colour is key.

As an aside, for those of us with reflex silver, I've found Zinc Primer from Screwfix is an excellent filler and colour match for deeper damage.

I gave Chipex a good go, and I have to say I was very disappointed with it. Fortunately/unfortunately the cleaning solution gets rid of the paint and you can try again and again, as I did, but I was never happy with the results.

I’ve got the “touch up paint factory” touch up kit
It does comes from Chipex themselves & has some small applicators included for those tiny chips
The colour match is pretty good tbf & with a bit of patience, the results can be pretty good!
you‘ll never get an invisible repair but at least it stops the chips from getting any worse

Back