The Story So Far......

I have experienced this a few times and it’s mega annoying, as Dave said you always try and anticipate when your going to move but it’s the random right hand turns through traffic and just as you stop an oncoming car flashes you through and the van decides to not restart ggrrr !!
I’m probably being a bit naive in terms of what VW will do about it but Stop/Start shouldn’t be behaving like this - it’s dangerous if it is - with several of you reporting similar should it not be taken up with VW to have a serious look at??

Ta for all your replies here.
On the heating, I have narrowed it down to the 9/10 o’clock position. It’s about as close as it gets I reckon. Mind, I’ve had trouble getting other ‘climate’ vehicles just right.

I don’t use the bottle holders. Infuriating.

Parking brake, I recently owned a 4x4 with a foot operated parking brake. Stamp-on, Stamp-off operation. Weird at first, but actually, very convenient.

Definitely the stop-start has stalled me a few times. And I've not released the seat belt.

Mirrors, yeah powerfold is more of a pose, than anything else.

My van is as tight as a drum, even fully loaded. I don’t get stresssed by rattles. Except...the manual sunroof blind rattled when I first got it, but that’s disappeared now. The only other time is when wifey sits in the middle of the front seat, (she’s pretty small, so it doesn’t really annoy me too much!) I can hear a rattle around the passenger seat belt area. Not sure what it is exactly, and only occurs on this scenario.

And like all (!) on here I do love the van. It’s like part of me now. That may sound sad, but it’s the first van that I’ve owned where I’ve started from scratch and built it around my exact requirements, whether for work or play.

I’ve just ordered a couple more, quite obscure bits for it. If they work out, I’ll post on here. If not, forget that I mentioned it!!

Ta.
I know the mirrors don't fold that much but I don't agree that they're a pose, with them folded my van fits in the garage and without it doesn't - does the job as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

I know the mirrors don't fold that much but I don't agree that they're a pose, with them folded my van fits in the garage and without it doesn't - does the job as far as I'm concerned :thumbsup:

And looks cool.... :whistle:

And looks cool.... :whistle:
I never remember to fold them unless I'm putting it in the garage. I've got an auto folding gismo from ebay that I've had for a while but it hasn't worked its way to the top of my to-do list yet

Personally, I hate the current trend for electronics with everything. I'd stop at electric windows & sunroof.. What on earth is wrong with reaching down to pull a lever up..? Bah humbug..

Get the stop/start disabled, it's a hindrance more than a help.

£50 at Advanced In-car Technology in Poole, but I think you can diy these days with Carista?

Back