The money has gone out - Santander

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
Well the funds have just left our bank which makes this years Euro trip a definite.
July 23rd to 30th August - so far we have almost NO idea where we're going which is our usual level of "planning."

Will depend a lot on the weather but probably Northern Spain again and maybe a bit more SW France and the Pyrenees but maybe even over to Provence if the weather gets back in SW France/N Spain. Hell we could even visit mates in Northern Italy if we want.

Whatever happens, it'll be lots of fun for us and the kids (the dog stays in the UK) and we can't wait!

Anyone else with a decent stretch planned in their van?

Sounds like a good screw, cant argue with that.

You need to get to Italy though, Tuscany is perfect for touring.

Sounds like a good screw, cant argue with that.

You need to get to Italy though, Tuscany is perfect for touring.
Been a few times; mates have a house in the mountains near Bobbio in Northern Italy; love it but only ever flown then hired a cack car.

I plan on driving up to Norway at some point...desperate to see the Northern Lights and several trips to Iceland have proved fruitless...maybe northern Scotland would be better.

I plan on driving up to Norway at some point...desperate to see the Northern Lights and several trips to Iceland have proved fruitless...maybe northern Scotland would be better.
I did a two week Officer Training Corps (so of TA for potential officers at Uni) near Dundee and saw them while on stag (guard) duty one night.
But I went into the Arctic Circle in Finland and saw nowt!

Got our 2 weeks hols booked in 26th July to 9th Aug. Down East side of France, 2 camps booked for total of 5 days. Then got 6 nights booked in a villa in the south before spending a night with family in Limoges and then back up to Le Mans for 2 nights before coming home.

Main holidays for us is north of arctic circle in Jan (quiet time for me).....honeymooned there and camped out in -23 (not a lot(no) bedroom action) as things freeze at that temperature!!! Ice hotel this year was great- no sleep as too warm in arctic sleeping bag, and freezing if zip undone (-7 in the ice bedrooms), tree house great fun, tho UFO suspended on cables made us feel sea sick if we made it sway! Abisko next year perhaps. Northern Lights amazing.

Leaving the UK (Poole to Cherbourg) on the 26th July for a 4 day drive to Valencia. Travelling nice and slow via Saint Nazaire, La Rochelle, Arcachon, San Sebastian, Zaragoza then onto Valencia. Then 2 weeks in a villa with family flying in from the UK. Going to visit friends down at La Manga too during.. Then the return trip is via Barcelona, Girona, Montpellier, Viaduc de Millau (link below),Bourges then a quick dash to the ferry at Cherbourg.

Millau Viaduct - Wikipedia

If you see us please give us a wave or come and say "Hi".

Enjoy your travels!!

Agreed start a thread when you go and show us some pics.
Think i might start a separate section in the camping area for holiday/trip threads etc, what do you think ?

Agreed start a thread when you go and show us some pics.
Think i might start a separate section in the camping area for holiday/trip threads etc, what do you think ?

That sounds great Pauly, if you could. Its always nice to get ideas from others and enjoy their adventures too!

Back