Wild Camping In Switzerland, Italy And Austria?

Discussion in 'Camping & Campsites' started by DXX, 13 Aug 2019.

1. DXX

DXX Senior Member VIP Member T6 Guru

I’m roughly planning a 4 -5 week trip for September / October 2019 and would like to hear about personal experiences of wild camping in Switzerland, Austria and Northern Italy, preferably in the Alps and Dolomites.
    We would be looking to be as unobtrusive as possible; no furniture, awning or pop top.
    I’m also looking for advice on references to aires, services (water / showers) and recommended campsites in those areas. I have a CC membership but often there are better sites available.
    We’re finishing along the South of France, Pyrenees and back to Portsmouth from Santander. France and Spain are easy as there is plenty of Aires available.

2. Gringo73

Gringo73 New Member

Try this app out...really helpful info regards facilities near your wild camps etc.

Screenshot_20190816-095936.png

3. DXX

72D00989-5F19-45DF-8944-F31B77807911.png
    Thanks, I see two Apps for IOS, the one that matches your photo above isn’t called Camping Fuhrer, the other one is? Which one?

4. Gringo73

Gringo73 New Member

ECC camping..

5. DXX

Any first hand recommendations for campsites / wild camping in the Swiss Alps and Italian Dolomites?