Tensioner failed 33,000 miles!

Srm730

Hi, my T6 4motion. just went into VW for its 3rd year service. 2 days later the tensioner has failed. The Vans done 33k where do I stand ?
Waiting to hear if they will fix under warranty ? Has anyone come across this ?

Regards
Steve

Surely they will fix under warranty even if it’s just out With that sort of Miles

How old is the van exactly? Is it full VW history? Are we taking cam belt tensioner or auxiliary? What's the damage?

How old is the van exactly? Is it full VW history? Are we taking cam belt tensioner or auxiliary? What's the damage?
It’s 2019 T6 2.0 150ps 4motion swb
I believe it’s the cam belt tensioner from what the vw assist man said. Yes full VW main dealer service. Am waiting for them to tell me how much damage. It was winched onto loader as was told not to turn engine over.

I dont think the fact that it was 2 days after a service is relevant, if they havent worked on the cambelt then its just coincidence
I guess the question will be what they will do for you, if its FSH and warranty has only just expired then you would hope they will help you out but if the belt has moved and the engine has touched then could be a big bill and dealers never like them

As @Pauly has said, they wouldn't have gone anywhere near the cambelt tensioner on a 3rd service, so that bears no relevance - Still worth a mention of course :) . There is a goodwill procedure with VW and the fact it must only just be out of warranty with full VW history, I think you will covered for the whole issue. However if you can contribute just the tiniest bit then you will get a 2 year warranty on the work and parts.

I dont think the fact that it was 2 days after a service is relevant, if they havent worked on the cambelt then its just coincidence
I guess the question will be what they will do for you, if its FSH and warranty has only just expired then you would hope they will help you out but if the belt has moved and the engine has touched then could be a big bill and dealers never like them
Hi

Yeah that’s my worry. Just wanted to get a feel so I can go fully prepared.

As @Pauly has said, they wouldn't have gone anywhere near the cambelt tensioner on a 3rd service, so that bears no relevance - Still worth a mention of course :) . There is a goodwill procedure with VW and the fact it must only just be out of warranty with full VW history, I think you will covered for the whole issue. However if you can contribute just the tiniest bit then you will get a 2 year warranty on the work and parts.
Ah that was going to be my next question. If they would be near it on a 3rd service. And that’s good advice on the help paying to get extra warranty, I didn’t know that. Thank you

Back