Temporary Bulkheads

Strettyp

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Does anyone know if there's a low cost temporary bulkhead solution out there, which allows you to put it in and take out in a few minutes, in my head the space behind the passenger seats in a kombi is a uniform shape so it would be a common thing to cut with a CNC machine and carpet

I'm looking for something that means when I'm ferrying the family around the noise is reduced and the cabin warms up more quickly, then at the weekends I can just slide the thing out and use the full length of the van

I've seen the exploria one here but it's over £500 which is quite a bit more than what I want to pay for a board with a carpet lining

VW Camper Van Line Outs

Surely this must be quite a common need for kombi owners?

put a curtain up, cheap easy
That'll do half the job!

I'm prepping a T6 for us to use primarily for work (flight cases, heavy box loads etc) but then 4 weeks in the year to stick the back seats in and holiday in. Hence the thinking of a removable bulkhead.

Motexion do fibreglass bulkheads which I believe are reasonably quick and easy to fit and remove and may be a bit cheaper.

Motexion do fibreglass bulkheads which I believe are reasonably quick and easy to fit and remove and may be a bit cheaper.
Their website looks good, the window grilles are a good shout too to make sure boxes don't go through the windows! Can't work out where to order their stuff from though

I have a kombi with motexion bulkhead comes out real easy depends how many screws you fit mines out in under 5mins!

Mine sits behind back seats as I keep it as a kombi as backs enough for my tools but occasionally need it out for longer materials

This is one I have they do come up for sale occasionally this one might still be available

Fellow Bristolian!!
If you type bulkhead into search bar loads of info and some adverts still which doesn’t say sold! Mine may be up for sale in next couple of months as I’m plucking up the courage to purchase an ovano system

Fellow Bristolian!!
If you type bulkhead into search bar loads of info and some adverts still which doesn’t say sold! Mine may be up for sale in next couple of months as I’m plucking up the courage to purchase an ovano system
Cheers drive.

I might buy yours then - conversion booked in for mid Feb. Think I can mount it behind driver (for van use), then relocate for behind the crew seats for holidays? Or do I need two different units? It'll be used as a van for 45 weeks of the year.

Thanks @Ricardo T ! Need to work out if I can double it up as behind driver / then crew cab it

Back