Team Starlight Blue

I think I’ll end up buying a set of Devonports from here and getting them powder coated. My van has to earn it’s keep and where I have to drive the wheels will have a hard life so I’m not spending loads on them. I’ll be leaving my suspension stock and when the factory tyres need replacing I’ll probably get all terrain.

@Skyliner33 I looked at many wheels and in the end went for silver, went for genuine VW 19" wheels but from an Amarok. As I could pick up a brand new set from a company upgrading / pimping a brand new truck. They ticked all the boxes, cheap, load rating, ET, fitments etc

If you want grey, a few starlight owners on here have gone for the VW 20" Amarok wheel which is also a reasonable price from VW brand new (£950 for 4 wheels less tyres). These were on my list of options also. There was some pics on the forum of blue vans with these fitted.

Good luck.

Thanks, I like the look of yours to the one in the pic. and maybe prefer 19s to 20s for comfort. Did they make much difference to insurance? Cheers

I think I’ll end up buying a set of Devonports from here and getting them powder coated. My van has to earn it’s keep and where I have to drive the wheels will have a hard life so I’m not spending loads on them. I’ll be leaving my suspension stock and when the factory tyres need replacing I’ll probably get all terrain.

I had thought of the swamper look as well to be honest. Not fully decided.

I thought of selling my Devonports, buying steels for winter and another set of alloys for summer tyres.

Thanks, I like the look of yours to the one in the pic. and maybe prefer 19s to 20s for comfort. Did they make much difference to insurance? Cheers

I had thought of the swamper look as well to be honest. Not fully decided.

I thought of selling my Devonports, buying steels for winter and another set of alloys for summer tyres.
It’s not so much about the look as the usability, unfortunately I’m going to have to drive my shiney new van in the mud so I’m going to need the ground clearance. I quite like the Devonports and I’ve seen them sell on here (virtually new) for about £500 with tyres.

T32 Kombi 4Motion DSG 204, I needed something for work and this ticked all the boxes. Well pleased with it, it’s a shame I have to put stuff in it and take it to work!

1F0E6DC3-DE48-4D33-817F-59B28B8483FE.jpeg

4FD545FC-C5A7-4A98-9B20-56A3976F982F.jpeg

D54CCFC0-944E-48F0-8D7E-4170504174EB.jpeg

Finally picked it up from conversions place, well pleased with it. Next job was going to be getting some 40 lowering springs but after driving home in the dark and rain with two candles as lights. They will be next. My push bike has better lights.

Looking spot on @kn0bby. It's been well reported that I'm a huge panel van fan, and looking at yours makes me wonder how easy it would be to find a Black panel twin door, that fancies swapping sliding doors with my Kombi doors.
Hmmmm the mind ticks.

Looking spot on @kn0bby. It's been well reported that I'm a huge panel van fan, and looking at yours makes me wonder how easy it would be to find a Black panel twin door, that fancies swapping sliding doors with my Kombi doors.
Hmmmm the mind ticks.

Ha ha. Mine won’t stay a panel van for long. Will slowly evolve into a camper but hopefully still a little stealth.

Back