Team Starlight Blue

Not sure if it was the light catching it different or I clicked something on my phone but the colour looks different in this pic. But then again I think the Starlight Blue and Blackberry can look slightly different in different lights and different stages of dirty!

PicsArt_11-03-10.10.54.png

Finally picked mine up yesterday, 150 Highline, manual. Drove it from the dealers then straight to the converters for full conversion with Austop roof , furniture, rib bed and Wallis xc duo hob. Hoping to get it before Christmas.
Really chuffed with the colour , glad went for the 150 as drives well .

20181117_130637.jpg 20181117_130637.jpg

Can I join the team? Put a deposit down on a used 2015 Starlight Blue pv. Hopefully will get it in a week or so.

Can I join the team? Put a deposit down on a used 2015 Starlight Blue pv (posted in team Starlight as well). Hopefully will get it in a week or so.

Just been looking through the thread for inspiration for wheels.

I fancied black, but the majority seem to stick with silver or diamond cut.

I cant make up my mind if black work with the Starlight of not. Maybe its the hardest colour to photo properly.

Just been looking through the thread for inspiration for wheels.

I fancied black, but the majority seem to stick with silver or diamond cut.

I cant make up my mind if black work with the Starlight of not. Maybe its the hardest colour to photo properly.

I’m going black wheels with black side bars and roof rails.

I’m going black wheels with black side bars and roof rails.

Post pics when you get the wheels.

Mine had black roof rails but chrome sidebars which made me doubt about black wheels. There is also the choice of gloss or satin finish.

I dont want diamond cut, but maybe that the best option for me :/

Post pics when you get the wheels.

Mine had black roof rails but chrome sidebars which made me doubt about black wheels. There is also the choice of gloss or satin finish.

I dont want diamond cut, but maybe that the best option for me :/

If you're in the head exploding wheel choosing stage, I can make it a little easier, and say stay well away from Diamond Cut wheels. I've had 4 sets, from cheap, right up to imported ones from the States that cost a small fortune. Not one set lasted a full winter, and the imported ones only saw 2 months of our salty roads, before starting to corrode.

My own personal opinion is that Black wheels don't show off that stunning Blue, as well as Silver wheels, and that might be why most people go Silver.
Starlight Blue is a stunning colour when it's polished up, and in the sun it looks amazing. Silver wheels seem to frame and enhance the colour.
Black wheels work better on White or Red, or on a full Black vehicle, if you want that dark evil look, but that's just my opinion.

If you're in the head exploding wheel choosing stage, I can make it a little easier, and say stay well away from Diamond Cut wheels. I've had 4 sets, from cheap, right up to imported ones from the States that cost a small fortune. Not one set lasted a full winter, and the imported ones only saw 2 months of our salty roads, before starting to corrode.

My own personal opinion is that Black wheels don't show off that stunning Blue, as well as Silver wheels, and that might be why most people go Silver.
Starlight Blue is a stunning colour when it's polished up, and in the sun it looks amazing. Silver wheels seem to frame and enhance the colour. Black wheels work better on White or Red, or on a full Black vehicle, if you want that dark evil look, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the opinion. As for diamond cut, I've had them on my last 3 cars (all VAG OEM) and the finish hasn't spoiled at all an any of the wheels. Maybe I've been lucky.

I agree though, Im not sure black will work on a Starlight van, which is why it wasn't my first choice colour (as I like black wheels), but buying used limits choice.

And Yes I can imagine this os going to make my head explode. My plan is new wheels so I can put winter/all seasons on the devonports, but I'm not in a rush as there is loads of life in the tyres now.

Thanks for the opinion. As for diamond cut, I've had them on my last 3 cars (all VAG OEM) and the finish hasn't spoiled at all an any of the wheels. Maybe I've been lucky.

That might be because they were genuine wheels. I did have a set of factory Diamond cut wheels on my 3 series, and they never failed, then saying that, I have a genuine Fiat factory set on my Motorhome, and they only lasted 1 year.

My advice was more suited to the aftermarket wheel, where it's a little more hit and miss.

@Skyliner33 I looked at many wheels and in the end went for silver, went for genuine VW 19" wheels but from an Amarok. As I could pick up a brand new set from a company upgrading / pimping a brand new truck. They ticked all the boxes, cheap, load rating, ET, fitments etc

If you want grey, a few starlight owners on here have gone for the VW 20" Amarok wheel which is also a reasonable price from VW brand new (£950 for 4 wheels less tyres). These were on my list of options also. There was some pics on the forum of blue vans with these fitted.

Good luck.

Screenshot_20181202-082530__01.jpg

Back