Team Pure Grey

Thanks! Yes, its been great to see all the various photo build threads so I’ll certainly be sharing mine.. tbh, it was a difficult decision between pure and ascot grey.. am I allowed to say that in this thread
Sure you are. We are just glad you chose the right one. :laugh:

Thanks! Yes, its been great to see all the various photo build threads so I’ll certainly be sharing mine.. tbh, it was a difficult decision between pure and ascot grey.. am I allowed to say that in this thread
Funnily enough mine is Pure Grey but my daughter has an Ascot Grey on order due March. Ill take some comparison photos once it arrives.

T30 199 DSG 4motion.

Just had the alloys powdercoated in satin black, I carpeted the inside panels in graphite, sound deadening and insulated, makes a huge difference.. what next... does it ever end...do I want it to end... :p

Lockdown time has been used carefully :)

Need to get some better pics.

PXL_20210203_110838873.jpg

PXL_20210115_183504695.jpg

T30 199 DSG 4motion.

Just had the alloys powdercoated in satin black, I carpeted the inside panels in graphite, sound deadening and insulated, makes a huge difference.. what next... does it ever end...do I want it to end... :p

View attachment 101705

View attachment 101708
Looking good! Are they the factory panels or did you replace with ply.

Looking good! Are they the factory panels or did you replace with ply.

Just the factory ones! Couldn't see any real benefit in redoing in ply. Easy to flex them and all shaped so just a case of glue and carpet and took a few hours.

Nice wheels petehelmet, are they the 17`' originals, how much did you lower?
I've just ordered pure grey with lots of goodies so looking to add some more whenever it arrives

T30 199 DSG 4motion.

View attachment 101705

View attachment 101708
Looks good. So you got full height ply panels from the factory? Mine only has half height :(

At last ! after a very very long wait, I’ve finally picked it up after ordering in May.
I can now join the team at last :)
199 DSG
My first job was getting a tracker/imobilizer fitted on the Saturday before Monday collection.
Next journey was straight over to Steve at CRS performance in Cannock for my first upgrade.
And then over to Jamie at trade tyre services in Shenstone to get it on the hunter machine for the alignment.
Next job was another short drive to Nathan and the guys at Van-Lab in Lichfield for some interior mods.
Absolutely buzzing I’ve got a van back on the drive after starting a thread in August 'T6.1 order delays' and letting my T5 go early to a an old pal so he could start his holiday adventure in his first T5.......

9D7850CB-F4B8-42EF-A8ED-62590606854F.jpeg

814A8FC4-DC0D-4C5F-835D-1F09B575EB65.jpeg

AFFFF7CC-F45A-4A1E-B5FF-D5933E14A9D8.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally I can post here! 11 weeks from order to delivery.
First thoughts are very positive compared to my previous T6. Some key differences to my T6 which I'll look to fix some are;

Gear knob is shocking compared to leather and chrome in my T6.
Throttle has a weird step in the travel almost like an overload protection.
DAB signal is crap
Power delivery less than 2000rpm is lumpy
Heated rear screen switch randomly moved and is now hidden behind wheel/stalk
No left foot rest by clutch pedal
No sunglasses holder or roof cubby hole

Wheels and coilovers going on this weekend!

20210303_154950.jpg

Back