Team Mojave Beige

I've put request I for the all season tyres.. what's the deal with normal lights...im hearing they are terrible but led so expensive... or is it just people pushing to get led as standard?
mmmmmmm. well. If you can possibly find the cash without World War III breaking out at home; just do it, you will never regret it; but they are very expensive. We have them, and the auto main-beam function which is great fun (call me childish...)
I don't think I have ever read on this forum about somebody wishing they hadn't bothered; but there are plenty who now wish they had sold an organ and ticked that box.
I only have a 70l fuel tank; wish I had ticked the 80l box:(

I've put request I for the all season tyres.. what's the deal with normal lights...im hearing they are terrible but led so expensive... or is it just people pushing to get led as standard?

LED's are well worth the extra, especially if you do lots of night driving.

Is it something you can do later for less or is it factory fit at full cost
To fit the VW LEDS retro-fit is about double £3500 I think.............with the auto levelling; headlamp wash etc etc
But there will be aftermarket LED's to fit sooner or later if not now, just not quite the same.

A bit of white vinyl and some new VW Palmerstone T6 wheels.....mmmmm:rolleyes:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Looks good @chriscroft ,I do like the wheels ,shame they are no good for a t32 .

I was daft enough to pop into my dealers on Friday and got looking at an Onyx White Caravelle they had in the showroom.
Firstly that colour as the sun came through the glass showroom window is absolutely stunning! I actually wish i'd of seen this before I ordered my Black one.
Secondly I fell in love with that Caravelle. It was the Executive model with pretty much every extra VW could throw at it, including those Palmerston wheels that i've always been a huge fan of.
My sales guy told me he'd make sure one was available as a loaner when mine goes in for any work, or servicing. I need to get my wife behind the wheel of one...;)

I was daft enough to pop into my dealers on Friday and got looking at an Onyx White Caravelle they had in the showroom.
Firstly that colour as the sun came through the glass showroom window is absolutely stunning! I actually wish i'd of seen this before I ordered my Black one.
Secondly I fell in love with that Caravelle. It was the Executive model with pretty much every extra VW could throw at it, including those Palmerston wheels that i've always been a huge fan of.
My sales guy told me he'd make sure one was available as a loaner when mine goes in for any work, or servicing. I need to get my wife behind the wheel of one...;)
mmmm, temptation, temptation. The reason we have a Vel is purely down to the Mrs, We've got lots of friends with T5/T6 Kombi/vans etc, and after having a Vel previously, there is no way she would have a commercial. Actually a Kombi would make a more logical choice for us, but hay ho, you only live once.
The downside for business owners is a Vel is a car; and a Kombi?, well VAT and Tax relieve (if HMRC are still playing ball)
Let us know how you get on:)

mmmm, temptation, temptation. The reason we have a Vel is purely down to the Mrs, We've got lots of friends with T5/T6 Kombi/vans etc, and after having a Vel previously, there is no way she would have a commercial. Actually a Kombi would make a more logical choice for us, but hay ho, you only live once.
The downside for business owners is a Vel is a car; and a Kombi?, well VAT and Tax relieve (if HMRC are still playing ball)
Let us know how you get on:)

It would be a personal vehicle, not through the business. We have several cars, and the Motorhome. So an all rounder would be the sensible things to do in my opinion.
My T6 is for my business, so it's my choice if I wanted one or not, but a personal vehicle is not such an easy sell when the wife is involved. Between you and I, I worked out a long time ago that if I want something like a new car, or get her a new phone, or pretty much any purchase in our household that needs both parties to sign off, then I have to let her get first hand use of these things.

"Here you go babe, VW gave me this as a loan vehicle whist mines in for some work" she can drive it, she falls in love with it, she then makes the move to actually consider one..... hey presto.....

It's a good formula that works 9 times out of 10.

image.jpeg Not even driven mine yet but here it is in its current state down at Vanworx waiting to be converted by Dan and the team

It would be a personal vehicle, not through the business. We have several cars, and the Motorhome. So an all rounder would be the sensible things to do in my opinion.
My T6 is for my business, so it's my choice if I wanted one or not, but a personal vehicle is not such an easy sell when the wife is involved. Between you and I, I worked out a long time ago that if I want something like a new car, or get her a new phone, or pretty much any purchase in our household that needs both parties to sign off, then I have to let her get first hand use of these things.

"Here you go babe, VW gave me this as a loan vehicle whist mines in for some work" she can drive it, she falls in love with it, she then makes the move to actually consider one..... hey presto.....

It's a good formula that works 9 times out of 10.
Our Vel is essentially the Mrs car, so she can cart our dogs around. If and when I drive it, I always get the Spanish inquisition; She's convinced of a conspiracy that I'm having the turbo changed and re-mapped or something similar. I wonder where she gets that idea from:confused:;)

Our Vel is essentially the Mrs car, so she can cart our dogs around. If and when I drive it, I always get the Spanish inquisition; She's convinced of a conspiracy that I'm having the turbo changed and re-mapped or something similar. I wonder where she gets that idea from:confused:;)
I get similar but it’s before I drive it she wants to know what I going to do to it, think I have brought it back too many times with bits of interior missing and/or wires hanging out of somewhere

As if you would do that @chriscroft

Back